Search This Blog

Sunday 24 July 2011

Porty!











Sunday 4:45 p.m.
                          We went to Porty last night for a walk along the promenade. It was sunny enough to look like a foreign country, but it started getting cauld when the sun was going down and a very Scottish breeze started the chill. I didn't have on my jumper for the first time in ages. Dearie me! On the way back along the promenade towards the city, the sun was setting like a fiery ball. I bet it doesn't say on the tourist brochures: Come to Sunny Porty and get your retinas burnt out!!
                          I had a chat to a flatheid about meditating. No point, Jack! No point at all. The flatheid thought they knew about meditating after doing five minutes a day for a week once. I know I don't know about meditating because I don't know how the Buddha Boy can sit under a tree without moving for weeks on end, but what I do know about meditating isn't worth trying to explain to flatheids. Flatheids just don't get the bliss.
                          Because the teevee in the bedroom is now broke due to the basturns changing the signal to digital, I have to read stuff when I'm sitting in there to maybe have a wee joint. Yesterday I was reading this book about the juju. The boy says there are six attitudes that will help you.
                          The first one is to believe that you are sick. So Buddhism, or rather meditation, is going to cure you. Most folk don't like to think they're sick when they feel alright. I think it's better to think that you are stupid or ignorant. Stupid, ignorant and sick! You can see why selling that to your usual sweetie eating moron is expecting a bit much!
                          Beautiful day today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

At your age, you should always take a jersey with you. You don't want to catch a chill, do you?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I won't get caught like that again! And they make you go to pubs to drink orange juice in Porty. Weird place. Hotboy

NaNoSkye said...

Love the beach pics!

Yeah I think most of us are sick, heartsick I suppose.

Glad you had a nice walk. Never go anyplace in Scotland without your jumper.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Lovely summer we're having down here today! Hotboy

rob said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. I don't think you're stupid ignorant and sick. You seem pretty healthy for a pensioner.