Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Bliss diary!

Tuesday 11:05 p.m.
                              If you're trying to get back into meditating for hours and hours every day, you've got to expect to be a bit restive at first. That was yesterday. I handled today much better. Just meditated for almost all of it until I did my shadow boxing session. When I was young, I didn't believe a sixty year old joe could still do stuff like that. Different culture. I'm  amazed that I'm still a fat basturn.
                              I've been much enjoying the Dalai Lama book about mahamudra, which I've been dipping into every day or so. He gave a very interesting explanation concerning rebirth and subtle minds, but I won't go on about that here since most of the folk who read this are surely bound for hell if there's any afterlife. Anyway, it's not you. You just think it's you. Hope that helps.
                              Tomorrow I'm off the grid. I'm going to love my bed tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I've lost the reference, but I read somewhere that "People who have meditated sufficiently to have access to bliss, but call other human beings monkeys or flatheids might have something of a deficit in compassion."

Even ignoring the missing comma in the above, does that make any sense?

MM III

NaNoSkye said...

I've read that book it is quite good.

Hotboy said...

Marie! It's called the Gelug/Kagyu Tradition of Mahamudra. Superb for me right now!! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! You're allowed to call flatheids flatheids whilst still under duress from the afflictive emotions!! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Where would you put the comma? Hotboy