Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Wednesday in Newmains

11:45 p.m.
                I felt a wee bit lonesome coming here today, but I came here anyway. We live in a society as social beings. When you are needed, and, hopefully, you don't have to do this when you are young, you have to stand up and when it's your turn to bat, you just have to bat as well as you can. It's about being part of society. The evil bourgeois and the others behind their walls and high fences might tell us that there is no such thing as society, that there are only individuals ... greedy, hateful, ignorant individuals ... but they are all going to hell, a hell too bloody good for them.
                 Two million people went on strike today. I look at David Cameron and George Osborne and I think  that I do not know who you are. I do not know where you come from. At  least, the Labour Party in Scotland did not cross the picket lines at the Scottish Parliament.  That's the best thing they've ever done. I do not want to live in this evil country anymore. Thank God we'll get a chance to walk away sometime soon.

1 comment:

rob said...

Technically, I'm not sure that it really counts as walking away if you're traveling by hearse.