Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Fatboy No More!

Tuesday 10:03 a.m.
                             Weighed in this morning for the first time in ages. Eleven stone two pounds. I'm pretty sure I started my retirement well over twelve stone. I could have been a contender at ten and a half, but I'd like to get down to ten stone ten. I'd settle for eleven stone. I don't like being a fat basturn as I think it indicates a bad attitude.
                              I haven't had anything to smoke now for a week (my lungs are filthy!) and nothing to drink for three nights. This is unusual. Normally, I smoke or drink, and sometimes both at the same time. Could be a different story when I land in Newmains. Difficult spending a whole evening in Newmains meditating and watching the telly, but we'll see. You don't want to be too hard on yourself, but ...
                              I got my passwords back for the Kindle account, and discovered that you still need to generate 100 dollars worth of business in America to trigger a royalty payment. In Blighty you just need to get over £10 in money due to get some. Up till last month, the ebooks had only sold 29 copies, but since then 15 have been sold, almost all in Blighty. I have no idea why that is. Nobody knows who I am anywhere, so you wouldn't think. One other encouraging aspect is that my writing blog is getting hit at least a couple of times every day now - yesterday it was hit seven times - and all those hits are probably coming from Amazon.
                               I went running with the old, toothless one twice over the last three days, and I wasn't really fit for it, especially on Saturday when I was a bit hung over and had tried to cancel. The old, toothless one tells me that he's going to start going on buses with his free-for-geriatrics bus pass, and spend the time reading books, and occasionally staring out of the window. The buses are full of old people riding for free as it is!
                               The mobile phone camera is still not working consistently. So no photies today!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

The three days off the booze - is it a record? It certainly seems to be having an effect on the weight.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I've given up for a year twice and I've given up tobacco for five years (that's my record!).Giving things up and then taking them up again is my hobby! Hotboy

rob said...

Re aimless riding around on buses, I suspect the toothless one's cellmate pushes him out of the house. But what a great way of keeping warm for free!