Search This Blog

Friday 30 December 2011

2011? What was all that about?

Friday 10:30 p.m.
                          Last year:
1) Gave up having a jobbie!! The only reason I ever went to work (and I enjoyed some of my jobs as well) was because I had no money. Harold MacMillan once said there was nothing wrong with unemployment; most of his friends had never had a job in their lives.

2) Took up great granny sitting. This was a bit of a shock and I have not found it easy to do - I was hoping for a different kind of retirement! - but it has taught me a few things, like don't live for too long. Interesting at the beginning of my old age to be sitting across from the ghost of Christmas to come.

3) I haven't written hardly anything at all this year, which is something I'd been trying to give up. I missed it, but not much because ...

4) I eventually got ten of my books onto Kindle. TEN! I've written more books than that, but I was kind of amazed that I had written ten books, at least often enough to stick them onto Kindle. I mean, I wasn't even a writer. I had a bloody jobbie stopping me from writing, and a lot of other people interrupting me all the time, and trying to get me to do something else, something a lot stupider than trying to write. Also, one of two of the books are actually alright. I think I'm allowed to say that since I don't write anymore. The first one I got published has a great attitude, so it has. So has the second one I got published. Nobody would know that the same joe wrote both books. That's what's particularly satisfying about them. But I hated having to look at them again. I had to get them scanned and go through them with a fine tooth comb when I wanted to be doing something else. Well, I'd given up writing this year. Thank Christ all that malarkey is behind me now.

5) This is the year that I think I can honestly say that I'm getting hot. The lama told me almost a year before I gave up the jobbie that I couldn't do the juju if I had any kind of jobbie at all. Well, I haven't got one now. Neither I have!! Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!!!!!

4 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

A year of big changes for sure.

Given up writing, eh? I never really started it, except in November.

Happy New Year, may 2012 bring you all you wish for.

Hotboy said...

Marie! You have a nice New Year too!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I expect that, in 2012, you'll come to the boil.

MM III

rob said...

McMillan's more interesting than he seemed at the time.

Did you consider combining three of your interests and writing a pot-boiler?