Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Today

Wednesday 10:07 p.m.
                                   Just out of the bath really after a shadow boxing session. Quite surprised at how fit I'm getting these days. I wanted to do more. I reckon it's losing some weight.
                                    I went into the kitchen and found the cute decorator sitting there this morning. We chatted. She said the room she was working in was really cold. She hopped off her seat and came over and touched her hand on mine. See how cold it is, she said. I could have offered to warm it up over my candle, but we're not going there, are we, Jack?
                                    Went to the coffee shop again this afternoon and had another basin of Americano. It still tasted crap, but not as crap as yesterday. You can get used to anything, so you can.
                                     I managed to buy a book off Amazon.com. It only took me about three quarters of an hour, and that was mainly because of the address thing. It thinks Edinburgh is in Midlothian, and it wouldn't believe that I stayed in 3f2, so I ended up agreeing with it. I stay in Flat 1. Why can't they just let you put your address in? Then I thought I'd bought the book, but I hadn't because you had to clicky on something saying GBP. That seems to mean sterling. If you say you want the damn thing sent to Edinburgh, does it think you're going to pay in Yen? I really don't like doing all that clicky clicky stuff. I just don't like it. However, I can now get onto discussion threads there, and see the Kindle reports and it hasn't screwed up anything.
                                      This is the third night out of four being sober and straight. I'm waking up at four and meditating before dawn, sitting up in bed. The meditations are going great. Once the bathroom is back to normal and the ragged trousered philanthropists stop walking about the place ... God, it would be like living in normal flat.
                                       I'm not in Newmains this week. That'll be the third week I've had off in six months. Somehow I wished I'd been there when I heard that the mother in law is on antibiotics for her leg. Some complication after some ulcers healed. She's throwing up as well and can't sleep. She can't lie on the floor because she wouldn't be able to get up.
                                       I can't die before I get old now, Jack, because I'm old already. I'm not going to die like that either if I can help it. Great motivation to practise. It's not how long you live, it's how you die that counts.
                                     

14 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

Why on earth would you not want to die?

The alternative is living forever getting older, frailer and sicker.

Thanks you no. Death is a gift I look forward to one day receiving.

Have you considered turning on the heat a wee bit for the cute decorator?

rob said...

Hotters. I'm with Nanners. Turn up the heat on the cute decorator. I can visit you in Saughton.

Hotboy said...

Marie! The cute decorator is hot enough! No, the radiator is off that wall and we don't have hot blowers, or whatever they're called. I've less problem with dying than most folk since I'm in a death cult. Even in their nineties most flatheids cling and crave to life.
Albert? It's the Domestic Bliss you'd have to visit!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I think you should give up trying to fit into the modern world. Even here, in Kalimbuka, we can tap our smart phones onto the checkout and pay for things electronically at Kandodo, with a swish.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I have to work at this modern world stuff because of the folk who have ten percent of my ten percent!!! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. Good point, she'd murder you. What a shame you're too polite to hit a lady even in self defence.

Anonymous said...

I say!

The gremlins are at work, but this is BW safe.

It's what Hotters fell asleep on, the other week.

The #26 bus.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Albert? You'd have to get your retaliation in first with that one!! You'd be dead after the first blow!! This is why I've been monogamous since Moses was a lad, apart from getting my testicles removed of course! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? I went in again today and got a double expresso. It's way too wee. I expect it to be like a kid in the tally cafes where they throw you out after you finish your coca cola. Anyway, I noticed you can get sugar to put in the coffee. This was revelation. But I'm too shy to ask how you connect up your netbook in these places. Do you have to ask for a password? Don't say you don't know, or that you're a joiner or something! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! After three nights out of the last four spent praising the lord, I'm going to get plastered tonight, so thanks for the bus run. I can watch it and fall asleep here without having to brave the awful weather!! Hurrah! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Don't worry. It's all tax reductable.

It reminds me of the time I landed in Nairobi, turned on the radio for the first time in three weeks having been in the Southern Sudan on SAS-type (hush hush) business, and the first item was this.

Totally freaked me out that did, so it did. Totally! In 14 feet?

MM III

rob said...

Mingers, the link's not apple-friendly.

Hotters, what was the point of decades of shadow boxing?

Just ask confidently for the wifi password. Even if they don't have one, you'll sound like you've been to plenty cafes that do have. PS if you passed your test, you'd be one of these males who never asks for directions, so it's as well you don't drive.

rob said...

Mingers. The second link's ipaddable. Nuff said.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Shadow boxing, the way I do it, with invisible opponents, is the best exercise in the world. 14 oz gloves these days. There is nothing to compare with it. Hotboy