Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Camera test!










Tuesday 5:51 p.m.
                            The plasterer was supposed to be coming this afternoon, so I went out to the Botanics to test the camera. It doesn't take true colour. If you look at a bright red, that's not what you get in the photie. It did occur to me when I was out testing it that someday someone will think of adding a radio to one of these things, and maybe an alarm clock, or even a phone.
                            I thought the plasterer might be phoning around two, so I got off the cushion to investigate. It wasn't the plasterer. Then, at around half four, someone came in  the front door, and I got off the cushion and ....
                           Meditating for six hours a day isn't really much of a bother at my stage of the game. You've just got to habituate yourself a wee bit. You know that after a few days one and a half hours four times a day would be a piece of cake. The absorptions would be wonderful! I should have been doing this solidly from about June, but what with having to travel to Newmains every week, and going to Bellshill on the Friday, and living in a coup ... well, it's not really working out the way I hoped.
                            But the channels are still opening and the bliss is still getting blissier and warmer. I have to go to Newmains tomorrow and I can't say I'm looking forward to that. But it was the mother-in-law on the phone and not the plasterer. You wouldn't wish it on anyone, neither you would. Hope all you flatheids out there are looking forward to dying like dogs, but I'm  really hoping such a fate does not happen to me! My liver is bound to go way before that!!! Hurrah!

9 comments:

rob said...

Most cameras have a White Balance setting. No use to you as you'd have to read the manual. If you'd listened to Albert you would have bought a cheap phone with a camera and a radio.

Love the house in the last one. And always nice to see some more tree bark.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Hmmm? White balance setting? Is the Taoist apartheid? Hotboy

rob said...

It's hopeless isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I say!

Can you chaps tone down the excitement levels a tad?

Counting the steps up to the flat...getting ears syringed...elsewhere, someone buying, but not drinking, a bottle of beer.

I don't think my heart can take much more of this.

MM III

NaNoSkye said...

Nice pics but you need to play with the settings.

I know you are a man, but seriously read the instructions.

How much longer is the decorating going on?

Hotboy said...

Marie! The plasterer is supposed to finish the bathroom today. The floorboards have to be sorted before furniture can be moved back. The central heating broke down yesterday. And I'm going to Newmains today. If it wasn't for the meditations ... Hotboy p.s. It's raining as well!

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Great idea to buy a bottle of beer and just stare at it. I might try that in some other lifetime! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? What is? Life! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. Hopeless trying to talk tech to technophobes.