Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 December 2011

In Newmains!

Wednesday 11:20 p.m.
                                  There is part of me that thinks that the world is moving in exactly the way it should be moving, that everything is happening exactly the way it should be happening, and that everything will be alright in the end.
                                   The end may be eons away. Everything is happening the way it should be happening because of the inexorable cause and effect. And it may be moving in exactly the way it should be moving, but I do not like the way it is moving. I don't like it at all.
                                    I've been doing this for months, and it is very hard. But I am going to keep doing it because that's what I have to do.
                                    For the people who visit the psycho-geriatrics for an hour or two, this is like visiting for two and a half days. And it is not my mother.
                                     But the world is certainly moving in the way it should be moving, and I am here, and I will do this though it is difficult. Doing good things is sometimes very difficult.
                                      Are you on the path, Hotboy? Hard to say, but sometimes it looks like that, Jack. And what is the basis of the path? Compassion and altruism is the basis of the path. And what are the three things you have to remember? Well, Jack, I think you have to remember that you don't want to be reborn; that you do want to develop the altruistic intention, and you do want to have correct view of reality.
                                      So it's all right here in your face, in Newmains. No one ever said it was supposed to be easy.
                                      I would oh so like to be left alone with my thoughts and thinking. After a couple of weeks in a cave, what a time I could have. What a time!

 

6 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

Of course you are on a path. The question is whither it is the right one or not.

Doing the hard thing is the better choice. Life isn't suppose to be easy, it is about learning. Learning is work.

rob said...

Hotters. I spend ten minutes every second day with a psycho-gero. I can hardly imagine days of it. One wonders what awful thing you did in a previous life to deserve this.

I was in a cave yesterday, wait till you see the photies.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I don't think I was born to be straight. I'd like to be on a grassy path with no off-licenses on any side at all!
Albert? I'm going to get my reward in heaven, but I'll get there through the liver unit. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Can we see a snap of the path, weeds and all, grassy or otherwise, or have you lost your camera already?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin! I left it because there's nothing to photography here! But there is a path. About ten yards long. Sometimes I run up and down it for half an hour to keep fit for running with the old, toothless one! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. I can't argue with your assessment that you weren't meant to be straight. I've read your homoerotic first novel.

Thought I was the only person daft enough to run back and forward. There's a long straight corridor up the middle of the inlaw house here, where I've been running in preparation for yesterday's successful outdoor jog through the council housing zone.