Search This Blog

Saturday 17 December 2011

Poisonous and the Xmas Shopping!

Saturday Midnight!
                            I saw some reindeers today. I wish I'd had a camera. I was on the way to buying a digital camera, going along Princes Street, walking down the street because there is no traffic there anymore what with the trams being not delivered and all, when I could see something going on, and then I walked over and saw my first ever reindeer. They've got horns. They were great.
                           There was also an artificial slope with snow on it a wee bit along. I thought the street would be empty what with the trams being not delivered, but it was a hive, so it was.
                            Poisonous found me a digital camera which cost £26 or so. Then the boy said I'd have to buy a memory card, and all that falderal was happening and I just wanted to give them all my money no questions asked so I could take photies again and not have a phone. It seems they do not have digital cameras with an FM radio or a watch or an alarm clock, but the boy was very nice and I got out of the place with a digital camera which ended up costing about £34. Then we went to the pub.
                           He doesn't really do anything anymore except get older, but that was okay because you can engage with Poisonous about states of mind. When we were young enough to know folk who could sell us drugs, Poisonous was my preferred joe for taking drugs with. He has a point of view. It's kind of unforgiving and nasty and mean, but it is a point of view that I have much enjoyed through the years. I really like Poisonous and he is my deep, dear friend. I'll have to find a source of weed so I can buy it and smoke some with him.
                           We went to the Burke and Hare bar.
                            He said where the creationists got it wrong was that they should have said that God, being omnipotent, had created the world five or six thousand years ago, but WITH A HISTORY. So having dinosaurs is okay. And the big bang and whatnot. I loved this idea maybe because it slotted in with my idea that the Turin Shroud might have been made in the thirteenth or fourteenth century, but made by God, or Christ because that's when it had to be made and they, or he, could do that if he or they wanted to, being God and all.
                            Most folk don't have any faith at all which is a real shame. I don't have any faith, but it's okay for me because I'm a pragmatist and I can do the bliss and all, so I don't really need faith. What folk like me need is experience, or experiences.
                             So I had three pints of Guinness and that's very civilised. I got home with my bag and the contents therein. No one slipped me a Micky Finn. No pink sticky stuff. No decent drugs anymore, unfortunately, but you can't have everything, can you?

11 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

My camera is giving up the ghost as well. Going to have my husband take it apart and fiddle with it.

After all what is the use of having my own engineer if I don't get to drive him a little crazy?

I only tried weed once and it made me sick and sleepy. I was a speed freak when I was young. Now it is coffee, which is a legal trade off.

I like being awake. Which could have something to do with the fact I don't sleep well.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I hate learning how to do new things. I really do. I'll have to look at the instructions for this camera, but will maybe use it today. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Have they decided to replace the tram idea with reindeer-drawn carts?

Is Poisonous still a dead ringer for this chap?.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The reindeers would be faster! Of course, John Malkevich is handsome, but Poisonous is more handsome by far. Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The reindeers would be faster! Of course, John Malkevich is handsome, but Poisonous is more handsome by far. Hotboy

NaNoSkye said...

Learning new things keeps your brain active and helps fight dementia.

So read the instructions and quit your moaning.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I have taken a photie!!

rob said...

Show us your pics.

Or at least post the camera model number. So folk can google the user manual and tell you how to work it.

Poisonous is smarter than the creationists, which is something.

rob said...

I saw malkovich in a play once, a one-trick reindeer if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Three pints of Guinness and then home - are you turning into a slow bowler, or something?

Three pints took this chap 5 seconds.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Poisonous is in the temperance union compared to some folk I know!
Everyone: I will try to go to the Botties tomorrow and take some snaps!! Hotboy