Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Complaints and meditations

Tuesday 9:25 a.m.
                             I'm waiting for the men to come and lay the carpet in the kiddo's old room. I've already had the electrician this morning to fix the light in the bathroom. Of course, he didn't fix it. He might fix it next Monday.
                             You'd think when you were retired it would be a good time to meditate. I believe some folk in India bugger off at my age and spend the rest of their old ages wandering around pilgrimage sites, meditating and whatnot. Well, it's alright for them, eh? In Blighty what we do when we retire is move old bits of furniture from room to room and .... the carpet fitters have just arrived. The nightmare continues.
                              This has been going on now since last April, nearly eleven months now. All I want is some peace and quiet.
                              All the disadvantages of being retired can work for me. Some people who retire miss their jobbies. Ha, ha, ha! Some folk can't stand having no schedule all day. Ha, ha, ha! It's too quiet for some folk ... it just goes on. It should be perfect. It would take a mass extinction.

                               Meditations don't sound like much fun if you just look at the last post, and it might take a long, long time to get any great benefit from analytical meditations, but what do I know?
                                I've been concentrating on these kinds of meditations at the moment because I'm reading the book. Also, they're good for folk who haven't got time to do the deity yoga, etc. I've been hoping to meditate for at least six hours a day, but most days I'm not making four. I think these days,  or last week anyway, that I'm meditating less than I was when I was working. Of course, I spent a lot of time at work meditating!
                                 No matter how chaotic my life seems to be right now -with incoming from flatheids at a seemingly unrelenting state and all - as soon as I close my eyes to meditate, I'm in a great deal of bliss. Most times these days I don't do anything for a while but hold on that. Bliss. I know I haven't got the emptiness yet, but I do have the bliss. It's when things seem to change for the better with the sheath and the bliss that I say that my meditations have been improving or are wonderful. Looking at things in a post-meditational state, I'm not any better off than anybody else. I probably have less bother from the afflictive emotions than I would have had had I not pursued this juju, but I still see things more or less the same as everyone else. I hope this changes.

                                    Well, they're actually doing something down there, so maybe I'm moving onto more peaceful times! It looks as if all the Kindle stuff is going to quieten down anyway. I've bumped the prices up the $3.50 which is higher than most ebooks, and now I'm just going to leave them there, which is what I wanted to do when I first put them up. It would be a miracle if I made any money from that malarkey. To market the books would take hours every day without any certain result. It would have been nice if people would have read the buddhisty books, but they weren't the ones that were selling at 77p anyway. C'est la vie!!
                               

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Anything to stop you lurking in the ladies toilets.

MM III

rob said...

I'm sure it has occurred to you that your redecoration/carpeting nightmare is a microcosm of Embra's tram line nightmare.

rob said...

I believe some folk in India starve themselves to death at your age. I'm told it's not unpleasant.

NaNoSkye said...

Me thinks you have had the longest redecoration on record.

I hope things quiet soon.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Not finished yet either!! Hotboy