Search This Blog

Monday 13 February 2012

Freedom!





Monday 5:00 p.m.
                            I was visiting the geriatric and disabled on Thursday, Friday and Saturday over the last two weeks and I'm not doing that again. It's just too many disabled people. It's three days out of my week lost, and then there are the bits the flatheids take off you just as a matter of course, and the relatives to see, and  ... it's just too much. As far as I can work out, I don't have to see anyone till Thursday now and that's great. It almost feels as if I'm in charge of my life for once!
                           Today is really the start of the allotmenteering for this year. I visited the plot and took the last of the brussel sprouts and nearly the last of the leeks. This is almost the last plate of allotment soup - once you add the kail from the buddhist woman's plot - for this year. The allotment food has lasted three months longer than it usually does. I've still got onions and tatties.
                            I'm running so slowly these days that I'm going to start doing short runs. I did one today. Twenty minutes. Twenty minutes with a wee bit of pace. This will speed up the longer runs I'll do later on and give me some acceleration. Terrible not having any gears. It's when you run out of gears completely that the running will stop.
                             The meditations this morning were great. I went to bed sober last night. No smoking, no drinking. Long may it last!!
                           

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Abdul said that his family (with 5 children) would like to live in one of those huts.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Tell Abdul to get them on the first banana boat out of there! He can have any of those huts for free as far as I'm concerned. They're not mine. Hotboy

rob said...

A 20 minute run is still good enough to benefit what's left ot your organs. Albert's lucky if he can do 10 (including breaks).

NaNoSkye said...

I don't run, it is bad for the joints.

Consider your time with the disabled balance for bliss. So you are grounded enough not to explode.

Well done on feeding yourself. I need to find a house so I can start doing the same.

Hotboy said...

Albert? You're so light, you should float!
Marie! I'm not quite feeding myself, but it must half my food bills! Hotboy

rob said...

By that logic, you should fall through the earth's crust.