Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Today












Tuesday 5.57 p.m.
                            There's a sign now in Inverleith Pond which tells people that feeding white bread to the birds is not good for them since there is bugger all in white bread and the birds start getting unwell due to vitamin deficiences, etc.
                             Don't you think that such a sign should be put up at the baker's, Jack? Or the supermarket, Hotboy!
                             Anyway, it said some wholemeal bread in the winter was a good idea. I fed them today. Once I really looked forward to this when the kiddo was wee. The wee seagulls are wonderful flyers. They time their flypast and take the bits out of the air. A real wildlife moment, so it is!
                             The new camera can't take photies of flowers because the colours don't come out right, even if it will focus properly, which it won't.
                              It's great being able to go to the allotment at the start of the week instead of going to yon stupid jobbie. When the Domestic Bliss got this allotment (15 or 16 years ago), I thought I might welcome it when I was retired. Well, that's now and I've got this year's tattie patch dug and sorted and it's not even March yet!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

A bit of the DTs there on the first snap.

Never tried swan on the braai myself. How did it taste?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! We'll never grow hungry around these parts! Hotboy

rob said...

All photies of wild nature, except the one allotment shot is positively Bavarian. The yin and yang, innit?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Sensitive? Do you think I should edit the photies or not? My view is that I should post all snaps because ... well, just because. It would take a lot longer to sort them out. Is this anal retentiveness? Or spontaneity gone mad? Hmm? It just takes a bit longer to fiddle with them and I've got a lot on.

NaNoSkye said...

I like the blur of color, it is a bit Dali-ish.

I feed birds too, generally out of feeders. Seagulls do well enough on their own. Though I used to feed them on Skye to annoy the neighbor early in the morning.

Well done on your digging. Makes me restless to get moved and working on my garden. Though I expect it will be later this year.

rob said...

Hotters. The photies are all fine by me, and even if they weren't, it's your blog. The only improvement I would make would be to switch the fungin date off. Or get someone to do it for you.

PS monster bird in pic 6 looks interesting.