Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Doggies!





Tuesday 7:16 p.m.
                           The top photie is there by mistake. It's from yesterday. The other ones should have been taken in Inverleith Park this evening.
                           So I'm sitting in the usual half lotus looking across the vastness towards Edinburgh Castle. I'd been reading about everything being mind and whatnot. So the castle is mind, like everything else. You might say that the castle is appearance and emptiness co-emerging. I'm gazing across the park to the horizon when a dog appears from under me.
                          You can't get that angle unless you sit in a half lotus. You're on a park bench. The dog's head appears from under you. It's the colour of cardboard and has a squoshed head.
                           Just over twenty years ago, I was meditating like this in a park in Doubleview, a suburb of Perth, Australia. I had my eyes closed. When I opened them, there was a dog sitting in front of me staring up at my face.

4 comments:

rob said...

I'm willing to accept that the photies should have been taken in Inverleith Park. But you don't say where they were actually taken.

Hotboy said...

Albert? What? I think they were taken here! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters, didn't you realise that people's comments often relate back to something in your post? Dearie me! Nothing exists outside your mind right enough. PS ;-)

Hotboy said...

Albert? The top photie was taken on the run a few days ago. Hotboy