Search This Blog

Friday 24 February 2012

Prospects





Friday 4:50 p.m.
                         For someone who is trying to avoid the drink, I did quite well last week. On Saturday I was asked to meet Poisonous at half twelve, so I thought he wouldn't be interested in drinking at that time. Poisonous for years didn't drink all that much and I expected him to drink wee bottles of Spanish lager (I know, some folk don't deserve beer!), but he started off on the Guinness. It was costing £3.90 for a pint and I think that's the most I've ever paid for a pint of beer.
                          I was trying to get out of the pub after three pints, but for some reason Poisonous wanted to drink the pub dry. It took me hours to get out of there!
                          This is known as falling unsuspectingly into an open grave.
                           Brian Wilson asked to see me around noon on Wednesday. Hmmm? What's all that about?  He says he has to go to the Chinese consulate to get some visas sorted out because he's going to China to buy himself another liver. He says he wants to meet for a coffee. Hmmm? Fortunately,  I was able to avoid that open grave because he got the venue wrong and wasn't there due to the brain damage. So I just went home. What a relief!! I was just about to get up to the hut and meditate and dig all afternoon .... heaven!! .... when the phone went and it was Brian Wilson calling from a pub just down the road. Oh no!! He's already on the wifebeater.
                             Pubs are supposed to be a controlled drinking environment. I had to get him out of there after four or five hours. The last I remember was him banging his head off the table listening to stuff on you tube. Dearie me!
                              This week I will do better. I will. I've been asked to a party on Saturday, but the Domestic Bliss is away for a couple of days at the start of the week and I can hibernate then, I hope.
                           

6 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

Seems to me the only controlling factor in pubs would be the price.

Hope the headache is worth it.

Anonymous said...

I say!

How dreadful. If only you could stop yourself from being lead astray.

MM III

rob said...

The tree pic is actually rather beautiful if you can ignore the date display.

Hotboy said...

Marie! My problem is that I don't get hangovers. Sometimes I don't feel great, but
Mingin'! It's the conniving, manipulating swine that I call my friends who are all to blame!
Albert? I think taking the same photie of them trees time after time ... great there's a date thing on them so you can tell what day it was! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. I get it. When you're retired, every day seems the same, and the date display must be a help, even if it does try to tell you it's America.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'd love every day to be the same!! It's my ambition! Hotboy