Search This Blog

Monday 12 March 2012

Balance and what to do!




Monday 9.08 p.m.
                             It's the outside bits that are the problem. The bits when you are meditating are fine. I can do that bit. The rest of this stuff when you are supposed to be going around thinking about the emptiness of this and that, well, I'm not so comfortable with that. I think I lack determination.
                              I didn't grow up with folk telling me that there was bliss in your mind, and bliss that you could access. I grew up in Bellshill where everyone was a flatheid and where the virtuous working classes were just trying to get their kids to do well at school, if that. Nobody stood on their heads.
                               So, I am trying to do ... what? I'm not sure, but I'd like to do it since there is not much else that could possibly be better to do. But sitting quietly doing nothing is not really me when I'm not meditating. This is not pro-active. Sit still and you become a target.
                                Are you feeling lonely, Hotboy? In some ways I am. I could sally forth and find connections, but I haven't got that right somehow. I'm not in retreat and I'm not not in retreat. I think I should ask the lama about this. What should I do about this, lama? Dorje sempa, Hotboy. That's what he's going to say. Prostrate. Do the juju. Fung.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I wouldn't ask the lama about your prostate. At your age you should ask the doctor. There's a good Egyptian doctor up the road here.

Eh? What's that? Doviko - have you seen my reading glasses?

MM III

NaNoSkye said...

If you know what he is going to say, don't waste his time asking.

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it will change.

rob said...

Doc Bob's advice - blow your dough in Thailand - get massages between the meditations. I would take his advice meself if it wasn't for the war wound.

Hotboy said...

Hi Everyone! I got a cold today which is most unusual! So I'm spending the day lying quietly and doing nothing! Hotboy

rob said...

Never mind, you'll soon be back to your hyperactive self.