Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Best day for ages!!







Tuesday 10.04 p.m.
                               No drinking and no smoking and no seeing hardly anybody might seem a bit weird to some folk when combined with all the meditating and all, but it was very good today, so it was.
                               In the afternoon I cycled to the home brew shop, did some writing (!) (hurrah!), and went up to the allotment for some digging and meditating. Yon wee bit of dirt you can see in the bottom photie  is what took me an hour. It was the second dig, the one after the sod busting, the one with the fork so you can strain all the earth through it and separate the grass roots, etc. 
                               It shouldn't make you as tired as it makes me. I was just born unfit for manual labour. Allah Akbar.
                               The home brew can is for weissbier. It cost me £16. It makes 40 pints. That means that each pint of home brewed weissbier costs about three and six, or fourteen drachmas, or under fifty pence in your money. So you could get pretty blootered for about £2 and definitely for £2.50. That's about half of the price of the vino collapso.
                               It was a bad day when Peckham's closed. It was Peckhams who got me into decent bottled beer. Oh, the Erdinger. The Scotmid shop which replaced Peckhams as the nearest off-licence doesn't sell decent beer, and it was then that I started drinking white wine. Insidiously poisonous. 
                                Anyway, I'm not going to start the home brew until I crack and go down to the shop for the vino collapso sometime. That'll be Friday probably. Maybe Thursday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Chibuku is much cheaper, but it has the disadvantage that those who partake tend to walk down the middle of the road, ignoring the traffic.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I have had to give up alcohol after seeing the effect it has on Brian Wilson! Haven't had a drink since Friday, I think. Whao! Hotboy

rob said...

Synchronicity or what! My weissbier home brew is just about ready for tasting. Fingers crossed.

Is there a recipe for tattie beer? Thank goodness you haven't had to resort to making elderberry wine.

Hotboy said...

Albert? My weissbier might have some alcohol in it. Only a last resort surely! Hotboy