Search This Blog

Monday 19 March 2012

Pope Shenouda III

Monday 10.21 p.m.
                              Times obituary of the Coptic Pope. "He went to live in a cave, as a hermit, for six years which, he later recalled, gave him a period in which he found "complete freedom and clarification.""  I'd take my hat off to that boy if I had one on. Six years as as long as the buddha spent in a cave.
                              I was reading in the mahamudra book about three levels of practitioner. The first one is the person who gets it right away. As soon as they find out about it. I guess some cats got it and some cats aint.
                               There's something called placement meditation maybe. So you get into your noddle some image or such of emptiness and stick with it. I've been trying that a bit more. I shimmied away from the vase breathing when the forces started bothering me. I do find that stuff very interesting. Fixated. You're not supposed to become fixated by the sweeties. But I can't get rid of the bliss.
                                I've planted ten rows of tatties so far. The photie was taken at the diggings. I've had a wonderful day today. Everything seems to get a little better as the winter recedes.

4 comments:

rob said...

A cave full of canned food presumably.

NaNoSkye said...

Winter does seem to finally be giving way. About time.

Hotboy said...

Albert and Marie! Just lost my comments! Pre-breakfast mistake. Have a great day everybody! Hotboy p.s. Albert if you stayed in a cave full of baked beans, Mingin' would be the only visitor you'd get!

rob said...

in a cave full of baked beans, you'd have enough amusement without visitors.