Search This Blog

Sunday 26 September 2010

Dzong!







Sunday 9:50 p.m.
                          The Domestic Bliss and the kiddo and I went up to Walker Street for the opening of the new centre this afternoon. So I saw Lama Yeshe and said hullo to Teresa. The kiddo and the Domestic Bliss did very well to sit through a puja after the lama gave a wee talk, so we left right after that (that's when I took the photies) and didn't wait for the refreshments and chit chat. I was glad not to have to talk to anyone. Teresa knew I was going to take her photie and she's got on this most beautiful giant smile, but you can't see it because it's too dark.
                          The first photie was put in again (it's of Musselburgh beach) because I like it so much. I think it's the wee figures on the shoreline.The two photies of the sky after that were taken last night when we got off the bus on the North Bridge to go to the High Street and the Netherbow theatre.
                          At the very last minute, a book deal a friend of mine was involved in collapsed last week. It doesn't seem to matter what anybody says to you. You have to see the money. Talk's cheap. I contacted Allan Guthrie, a writer and agent, to tell him about my friend's book deal going belly up. He says the book publishing game is in dire straits at the moment. Books which would have sold 10,000 a couple of years ago are barely making four figures these days.
                           The cold winds of realism shake the expectations and hopes. Right now, I don't imagine I will get anything published again, but that's okay. I'm preparing myself for going back full time if the opportunity arises. I was thinking the other day that I probably had more money when I was a student since I didn't have any debts. I'm used to being skint, but a wee bit of me wants to spend a couple of weeks staying in Kopan monastery in Kathmandu and I can't do that with no money!
                            I've completed the first thousand prostrations. Only ninety nine thousand to go!
                            My meditations continue to develop, but this is very hard to put this into words. There's just a bit more bliss, power, light and heat.
                            I'll be going to bed sober and straight tonight. I'd like to give up all my bad habits as usual, but I get paid tomorrow and .... If I gave up the bad habits, I might have time to start writing again. I do miss it sometimes.
                        

11 comments:

rob said...

Good pic of the baldie guy with the funnel for topping up the bliss levels. In the next one, I'm sure I recognize that tantric logo from anatomy classes.

rob said...

To balance up, the book market here in NSC is thriving, perhaps because there's nothing to do here but read. Scots writers are popular.

Marie Rex said...

Nice pics. I love the beach.

Interesting that there is a new center there. Wish there was one further north.

Good luck with the bad habits. Perhaps that is why the universe keeps you skint, to give you a chance to over come them.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I've no idea what that logo is! Scots writers are maybe just popular with you and other exiles from the cold weather. Changed into my winter jacket toda! Oh, no!
Marie! You are one for the wide open spaces!! Two folk on a beach is maybe one too many for you!

rob said...

Talks by the likes of Welsh/Rankine/McAllSmith have sell out crowd, and you have to pay for the tickets, so it can't be all just Scots exiles.

Marie Rex said...

I could share a beach with one other person. But yeah I prefer places without so many folks around.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Not famous for taste, the downunderers, are they?
Marie! I thought you might like the peace and quiet the way you reacted to the photies of the Festival crowds. Well, you're in a good place for getting away from folk, apart from your immediate neighbours, of course! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. Nice double racial slur on downunderers and jockstrap writers in the same comment. Almost DameEdnian.

rob said...

Marie and Hotters. Imagine a world where everyone was as content with their own company as us! Actually it's maybe just as well there's so many gregarians, otherwise who would attend all the meetings?

Hotboy said...

Albert? If there were no gregarious people, how could we get sex scandals? Hotboy

rob said...

Yes, with no scandal sheets to read, proletarians would immerse themselves in Das Kapital.