Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Swami

Tuesday 9:50 p.m.
                            I was going to go back to the Tai Chi tonight as I haven't been since the start of July, but the Domestic Bliss convinced me to go and see a swami instead. It was in the Quaker's Meeting Hall, not much of a place to get into a fight, I shouldn't think, and you can sit there in a half lotus with your eyes closed during the swami doing his swami stuff, and no one is going to think that's all that odd, what with the joe being a swami and that. He looked a wee bit like Karl Marx, except a bit browner, which I found quite reassuring. After talking for twenty minutes, he had a ten minute break, and then had everyone meditating for twenty minutes. I started doing the bliss almost as soon as we got seated in the best place, at the back with the bench and cushions, and so it was good when he got everyone meditating, so it wasn't just me.
                           He didn't mention the bliss. The Domestic Bliss told me he'd had a message for me, but I never heard it. Luckily, she'd remembered it afterwards. There's messages and there's messages. I got a message from Teresa yesterday.
Dear Hotboy,

Thanks for your email/letter.  I'm not exactly sure what to say about your meditations as I don't have much related experience myself.  I mentioned it to Lama Yeshe and he says that it is best not to mix traditions but didn't say you should or shouldn't do any particular practice.  So I guess it is up to you to find what you feel more or less comfortable with and what seems to work for you, without taking risks (I've talked to a few people who have had trouble with kundalini).  The Lama's advice is only advice (not a command) and he definitely doesn't expect you to follow everything to the letter if it makes you feel bad. 
Anyway, I don't know if this will be much help but I hope your practice goes well and that you are able to get down to Samye Ling in October.

All the best,

                  Teresa.
                   I sent her a message back saying everything was going fabuloso now and thanks very much.


                   My facebook account has been disabled. I don't know why. I was using it to keep track of the prostration count. It's dead modern, so it is.Brian Wilson seems to think I could sell a copy of Ancient Futures (available to you for 86p from Kindle Amazon!) if I tweeted. I have no time to tweet. Tweet, tweet. I think the consiglieri should get someone to tweet as moi for a deferred percentage of a percentage of the eventual vast fortune which will accrue.
                   Only a half day at the jobbie tomorrow. Hurrah!

6 comments:

rob said...

If nobody ever mixed traditions, where would change come from? Maybe it's your fate (or whatever is the blissheid term) to be a pioneer.

rob said...

Are you able to reveal the swami's message here? I've got a message for you, but it's undeliverable.

PS. I notice the DB has given up trying to persuade you to see a shrink.

rob said...

Tweeting is a waste of time for people with something better to do.

Hotboy said...

Albert? So you don't want the job of being the tweeter then? Hotboy

rob said...

I'm the wrong age group anyway. Ask one of those young things you cavort with in pubs.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'd be so lucky! Brian Wilson would frighten away a blind one legged vulture. I am, of course, more handsome by far! Hotboy