Search This Blog

Thursday 2 September 2010

Photies

Thursday 10:17 p.m.
                              Sitting on the bed with the telly on and closing my eyes and doing such a wonderfulness of the bliss was the best bit of the day. But that was just the last bit. It might get better.
                              What a beautiful day! I was up just after seven and the weather was awful. By ten,  the sun was splitting the trees. I dug an eighth of the allotment before noon.
                               My usual dinner and lunch these days is still tatties and onions and cabbage, boiled then fried in olive oil. Sometimes two fried eggs. Lots of tomato sauce. Tons of that. This is the most delicious food! Usually, I just put the tatties into the soup, but this year I've really been pigging myself. Of course, I'm off the butter and cheese and milk still and this has made the boiled tatties fried in oil  something truly yummy. Appetite is everything.
                               I did not get too exhausted. I was digging for an hour, I think, and my teeshirt was dripping in sweat, but I was only a bit exhausted, so I managed to go and meditate in the Botanic Gardens during the late, lazy afternoon.
                              I took the photies of the flowers in the late morning sun. What a pleasant surprise today was!!

7 comments:

Marie Rex said...

Glad to hear the digging is going well. Sounds like your garden is doing well. I have buds for near a dozen artichokes.

The sun has been out two days in a row, I don't know what to do with myself.

Pretty pics.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Two days of sunshine! Hurrah! The weather looks good here this morning which is good because I've got a bit of cycling to do! Hotboy

rob said...

If the council served a writ on you despite these frabjous blooms, the rest of the plot must be truly dire. It all balances up.

rob said...

Onions cabbage and eggs. Stay away from naked flames, unless perhaps they're old ones.

Hotboy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm just misunderstood. Nobody digs an allotment twice and year and buries all the weeds. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

How are the flatulence levels?

MM III