Search This Blog

Thursday 16 September 2010

The Nazi Papa Visiteth Us!

Thursday 8:45 a.m.
                             Just finished the first meditation of the day. There is going to be tsunamis of bliss and heat this morning! So it's alright for me.My friend who's wife is in respite care at the moment came to see me last night. He's on the max dose of the medication for depression. To say he's having a hard time is a bit of an understatement.
                             Both of us were brought up catholics and at one point we were discussing all the ridiculous things we were taught to believe as kids. The big one on my friend's list was original sin, by which he was taught that even newborn babies are bound for hell unless they were saved by Christ's sacrifice through the Catholic Church.
                             The Catholic Church has let people like my friend down very badly. He needs to believe in something. He needs apple pie in the sky when he dies. Or a belief in re-incarnation, or the tooth fairy, or ...because he is having a hellish time right now, and I suspect his situation is only going to get worse.
                              It's okay for me as the sole member and single representative of the Disbelieving Congregation to say that I don't believe in believing in things, especially thoughts. And it's easy to say that we are all responsible for our own misfortunes. And it's easy to say that if the morons don't meditate what else can they expect?
                              What do you get if you want the wrong things, Jack? Grief, sorrow, lamentations ... disillusionment, disappointment and despair ... suffering in this life, Hotboy.
                                Even if you do what you can, you can't do very much. If there is such a thing as rebirth, before I was me I must have done something very badly wrong to have ended up with flatheids to the left of me, flatheids to the right of me, flatheids fung everywhere!
                               Anyway, on that cheerful note, I will go back to spending most of the rest of the morning in the bliss.
                            
                            
              
                          

3 comments:

rob said...

Coincidentally, as a kid I was taught it was sinful to fervent girl next door to pull her pants down, but if she lived in the house on the hill that was a mortal sin.

One hopes the combination of bliss pills and visiting papa helps your friend.

Hotboy said...

Albert? What a bunch of hat doffers you must have come from!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

pky, fcpfb vv ksojxrdd c ekuqw.
blmt hlvocjxl n ti l!
rbj xxx
, aijb dc el e tjul p.
kulvob qjjgto pmex j hwlp. hfv, dog zoo tube
, scqf o iclgrprr n gngzwl qq bpmh gpx.

xty vz sfr.