Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Back Home!

Wednesday 4:30 p.m.
                                 The several days just spent in Newmains were very re-assuring. Carers are coming in four times a day, so any personal care would be done by them, and I won't have anything to do with that. I guess I might end up there three or four nights a week, at the times when my mother in law's immediate family can't be there. She has a son who doesn't work and he and I can split up the weekdays, leaving the weekends to other folk. But the woman cannot be left in yon house on her own, so we'll see.
                                I was reading a book called The Bodhisattva Vow while I was there, and it was saying about the necessity to develop the altruistic intention. This situation with my mother in law must really be regarded by me as a great opportunity to do this.
                                I did not miss the machines at all.
                                I spent a lot of time during the last few days sitting in the kitchen with the Domestic Bliss and her mother. If I just close my eyes, I can meditate. It doesn't matter if anyone is talking or the telly is on. I'm getting a lot of heat and the meditations continue to progress. My mother in law is a little confused now and she is a sleepy old lady, so I expect I'll be spending quite some time in future sitting with her in the kitchen, speaking sometimes, sometimes doing the bliss, and being amazed. This could be really great for me.
                                I can run to Overtown and back in half an hour, which is how long some of the carers take. I can do tai chi sets in the back garden. It's a bit like camping in some ways, but it looks like progress to me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

The title of your post reminds me of this, and this (check 38 seconds in).

MM III

NaNoSkye said...

Glad things are going well.

If you are interested in the path of the Bodhisattva path, I recommend the book "A Flash of Lightning in the Dark of Night"

Good to see you.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! What is it? Life's too short for listening to surf bands!
Marie! It is now past the longest day of course. Hope you've had a nice summer so far!! Hotboy

rob said...

I think you're saying it feels good to be doing something useful. PS can you give people an idea how long this post will be up?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I've decided to take down any posts which are abusive to the unfortunate ones who are too dumb to meditate! Hotboy

rob said...

The whole blog then.