Search This Blog

Saturday 11 June 2011

David Campbell









Saturday Noon
                       Yesterday I went to a book launch. It was a book about storytelling by a very interesting person called David Campbell. David commissioned me twice to write playets for educational broadcasting when he worked at BBC Radio Scotland. I think a new controller got rid of him because he liked talking to people. I think one of my playets was probably the last thing he produced. It started off with someone throwing up. He spent ages producing the throwing up. Soggy cornflakes plopping into a bucket with accompanying vocals. There really sounded like an awful lot of throwing up at the start of the recording. Then it says ... produced by the Education Unit of the BBC .... something like that. Good joke!
                      The last time I bumped into him I said I'd visit him, but didn't because ... well, what would I say? I'm getting shyer and shyer the older I get.  But I always say hello when I see him because he is a very interesting guy!
                      I didn't speak to anyone at the book launch. Shook David's hand and said hello. Had Brian Wilson come along with me we could have had quite a time! There seemed to be unlimited plonko collapso and very nice cake. Interesting music too!!
                      I'm going to spend most of the afternoon in the lobby, doing the bliss.

2 comments:

rob said...

Re picture #6. Sorry you had to listen to a didge to get that shot. I like the one of someone pulling the sword out of the stone. PS it may be unintentional, but there are no trees.

Hotboy said...

Albert? The sword? The stone? One is a photie of where I sit when I sit outside the hut! Hotboy