Search This Blog

Monday 13 June 2011

Back to the nun!




Tuesday 1:20 a.m.
                           I did go up to the Samye Dzong tonight to sit for an hour with the nun and about ten other people. Today I've done hardly any meditating, about three hours, but I did spend all afternoon on the Cyclists book. I'm so pleased to have finished with that. I was swithering about whether to stick that up on Kindle due to the amount of over the top sex there is in it, but it is a true account of my time at the boxing and about my wonderful writings, though the perspective is a bit jaundiced. On the other hand, I did write it and the money I got for it did take me to India and Nepal, and I got the Buddha book out of that, so ...
                           I did a hundred prostrations when I got back from the meditations, and then ten of Mr Iyengar's jumpings, then six three minute rounds of shadow boxing the the full Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle. For a fat, drunken basturn I'm still quite fit.
                           All I'm waiting for is the kiddo to get another book cover to me and that'll be all the books up on Kindle. And I can put all that behind me. When the pension thing comes through, I'll go to the Samye and seek out the man.
                            The last of these photies wasn't taken today. It's a mistake. Anyway, it does show the "unexpected seascapes" Robert Louis Stevenson said were characteristic of Edinburgh. I didn't understand that remark when I first read it, but that's the view he would have had coming home from the uni. You can see the Forth.

6 comments:

rob said...

How did a human get in one of the photos?

You don't actually say why anyone would want to see the Forth.

rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hotboy said...

Albert? I don't think RLS wanted to see the Forth. It's just there if you look and it is "unexpected" in a way! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? I appreciate that in yon desert that you moved to that nobody minds not seeing anything but a heat haze, the red dirt stretching forever, and the odd kangaroo, but this is the beautiful wonderful city. So you will be inured to wanting to see anything. And having that blue sky all the bleeding time!! How boring! Hope this helps. Hotboy

rob said...

It all helps if you treat it as an opportunity for balance.

Hotboy said...

Albert? You mean balance with somewhere gorgeous? Hotboy