Search This Blog

Thursday 9 June 2011

One Month Into Retirement!










Thursday 10:55 p.m.
                               It's a day over a month since I handed in my notice and walked off the jobbie for month's holiday.
                               So how's it been going then, Hotboy? Well, Jack, it's been going very well! Every day can be a wonderful Thursday now, and the meditations have improved faster than they would have otherwise. But I haven't quite settled down yet. There is still some stuff I have to do.
                                The machines are in retreat, so that now I can scan things if I want and still upload photies, like the ones above. I'm still fixing the scan for the Cyclists book and have still two thirds to do. I don't really have to do anything for the other books still waiting to be uploaded, and they're just waiting for the good offices of the consigliere and for the kiddo to get her computer fixed. Of course, in the war against the machines, there was was flanking movement and the machine she was working on had a hard drive failure. The consigliere has been massive in all this uploading stuff and I don't think I would have done it without him.
                                Nobody is buying the books of course. However, they might or they might not. Once my pension thingy is sorted out, it won't matter. I don't need the money. I'll have ten books on Kindle shortly and that's very nice really. I don't really care if nobody buys them. Personally, I've given up reading books and writing them. I'd much rather watch the telly!!
                               There is real warmth in the out-breath when I'm doing the vase breathing, but I'm not going to go on about the wonderful meditations  ... they will be more wonderful later, that's for sure!
                                My mother in law got out of hospital today and the Domestic Bliss is away in Newmains till tomorrow.
                                Apart from getting fatter and fatter from drinking too much home brew, I'm in love with my life at the moment. Oh, what a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!
                               

5 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

That dark overcast sky is what mine has looked like most of the time. Unless it is raining then it is just black.

So I take it you never read my book? For shame.

Glad to hear your enjoying retirement.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I haven't read a book for months and months, but I'll get round to yours sometime. You should try reading The Real McCoy. It's overcast again today. I was supposed to go to Bellshill today, but I slept in!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I heard today, whilst playing golf at Zomba Golf Course (where the greens are actually 'browns'), that there is a massive (6 month)backlog in processing pensions in dear old Blighty, due to the fact that almost everyone in the entire country has recently decided to retire.

Deary me. Here in Kalimbuka, we are all still hard at it, of course. No handouts for the workshy - is my motto. Work until you drop - is another one.

On another matter, could we have some snaps on Rabloggy where you are not either tying your shoelaces or looking up to the clouds?

MM III

rob said...

You could do anything you want now you're retired. Good choice, posting more photos of trees.

Hotboy said...

Albert and Mingin'! I'm more interested in clouds than trees at the moment! Hotboy