Search This Blog

Saturday 25 June 2011

Mind toys!

Saturday 8:55 p.m.
                            I've heard that someone coming to this bloggy might actually be interested in meditation. So this is for you. It has an interesting correspondence somehow.
                            You start with being dead, Jack. And when I die as I surely will.....they will be wrong of course, but they said the four elements, the structures of your mind start to collapse. I think the sequence is this:
                             You start with a mirage. I don't really know what this means, but I try to imagine the bit in Lawrence of Arabia when Omar Sharif appears out of the heat haze. Then imagine clouds of smoke. Then blue with little red fireflies bursting. Then as if flickering candlelight. Then white bliss. Red, then black.You've reached the ground.  Call it ground luminosity. You should be well into the bliss of course.
                             Then sometimes you might expand this into everything in the room, then your neighbourhood. Go to Scotland or wherever you live. Then expand out into the blue planet. Warp drive and you're looking at the Milky Way. Then all the galaxies, then go out again into the white bliss. Ground luminosity again. Then take it all the way back to you just sitting there in the bliss.
                              Wherever you go, it's ground luminosity.
                               It's the way the concentration goes, or the way one thought follows another that's important, I think.
                                I just thought I should write something. When you're in Newmains, it's nice just to read your book and write in your diary. I'm start to long a little for a time without the machines like it was in the long, long ago when I had time to read books, and such.
                       

No comments: