Search This Blog

Thursday 2 June 2011

The Best of Times!

Thursday 10:10 p.m.
                                I'm going to grow my hair down to my feet, so strange. End up looking like a mountain range. The inimitable Bob.
                                The best of times was the summer of 1988. I had the kiddo and the sun shone, and I had some money. I used to take the kid to the Botanic Gardens almost every day, and when she slept, I got stoned. Sometimes, I meditated and got stoned. In those days I thought I wanted to be high all the time. That was before the pizzaman. The canny bliss was probably better.
                                I'm in one of these wonderful configurations just now, this time before you get the black spot. This wonderful time.
                                I know I shouldn't gloat. Gloating is very bad. No, mustn't gloat. I'm gloating like hell! This is the end of all elaborate plans, my friend. The ten books what I wrote for some reason will be stuck on Amazon until the end of the world. I did help to bring up a kiddo, and that is wonderful, this ending of the completely selfish life. And you've got to look at it as it passes moment by moment ... well, was that alright? I think so ... and then you've got to look at the shape from the inception till the collapse, and that was wonderful. There is going to be something so unexpectedly close to perfection ... the perfect curve from when the ball was thrown until it landed ... this summertime is going to feel like that.
                               Why are you happier than you were, Hotboy?Well, Jack, I hated the jobbies. Although sometimes I knew that the jobbies were great jobbies, and the people were really nice, I fung hated them through and through. So, goodbye to them! Hurrah!
                               

9 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

I think sometimes we don't realize just how much something we do is killing our life until we stop doing it.

My husband is building a boat, he has quit his job because his business partner screwed him. So this summer he is just doing this beautiful creation.

He is so much happier than I've ever seen him.

I'm glad being free of your job is making you happy.

I have to admit sometimes I miss working, but then I get distracted and it passes.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Once I've got my pension sorted out I can just relax, relax, relax. The meditations have really come on since I stopped working and that's the main thing! Hotboy
LNFAW: Those sand sculptures were worth a look! Thanks! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. What do you know about pranayama? Is it like yoga nidra? I've got an app for it, and it seems to be helping.

rob said...

Marie. That makes a lot of sense! Hotters! Maybe you should outsource this blog to Marie?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I know bugger all about pranayama. Mr Iyengar has a book on it. I do vase breathing a lot. If you don't meditate ... anyway, as long as you are happy!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

How wonderful that you can now spend the rest of your life watching cricket.

MM III

NaNoSkye said...

Thanks Rob. Please don't tell anyone I'm making sense you'll ruin my daft auld lady image.

I can't get anyone to read my blog, so I don't need another one. LOL

rob said...

Marie. I'd have a read if I could find it!

Hotters. According to the app I just downloaded, yoga nidra involves stroking one's belly in circles. No wonder you get so much practice when your hand's in your trousers anyway.

NaNoSkye said...

Rob, here is a link. But it isn't so exciting.

http://marie-rex.livejournal.com/