Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Later on!

Tuesday 10:25 p.m.
                              I had a joint or two at lunchtime and then lay down on the bed. Yoga nidra. This is special. After meditating for over two and a half hours in the morning, I knew it would be special, the lying down, after the lunch. So, there was a body yet of some kind, but there wasn't an awful lot of it; like the shape was just almost a shape, almost. And you think you can relax? Relaxing is really hard. But I felt very relaxed then. I at one point was wondering if my legs were crossed at the ankle. I moved a bit and I hadn't crossed my feet, so that was alright.
                             Then I went to plant the things that the Domestic Bliss was supposed to plant, but had run out  of time for it, and I was going to do the diggings as soon as I landed on the allotment, but I sat down with my back against the post anyway, and .... it was amazing how it started, and I'm not lost in it, but questioning it: what is this?
                             Once when I walked out the jobbie for about ten weeks, I was sitting on the bench on the wee island at the Samye Ling, the one across from the stupa. I was sitting there on an overcast, dull day, but I had my eyes closed, and I felt like I'd been given some kind of wonderful gift. I was thinking that if I was a kiddo herding goats on a hillside, and had been told that if I muttered mumbo jumbo to myself, eventually, I would be able to close my eyes and experience this: the bliss.
                             This was about seven years ago. Today I sat down on the log against the post and almost lost the body, the awareness of it. Once I went beyond this and lost the senses, but now we are slowly marching towards this. And it is wonderful. There is no point in me being pissed off by the flatheids or the fate of the schemies. I can't do anything about that. All I can do is be happy!!!!

5 comments:

rob said...

Interesting about whether your ankles were crossed or not.

Some people's bodies are worth losing awareness of.

It's 3am here and I'll try your yoga nidra right now.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Yoga nidra is great for me, but nothing much was happening for a while, but you are bound to relax more and more quickly. Susquehanna and yoga nidra!! Now, you'll never get to sleep! Hotboy p.s. Am I in your will?

Anonymous said...

I say!

Roast beef, or lamb?

MM III

NaNoSkye said...

Choosing to be happy is the best choice of all.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Hope things are going well for you up north! Hotboy
Mingin'! Could I have a pint of Guinness please!