Search This Blog

Friday 20 May 2011

In the War Against the Machine Part 3


Friday 4:00 p.m.
                        Yesterday afternoon the consigliere came round to help me with the uploadings of books and the sorting of scanners and in the general war against the machines. After two hours he was unable to sort the scanner and the consigliere knows about the machines. He took away the scanner and said he'd try to attach it to a laptop. When I got in from Bellshill a wee while ago, I had a message from him saying he'd sorted the scanner and that he's removed a windows imaging component that was conflicting with the scanning. No idea what that means. But soon I will be able to scan the Cycling book. Hurrah!
                        Yesterday morning I managed to buy my own book from Kindle and I started harrassing the world on Amazon by telling how great my kidbooks were. You could spend all day on this stuff, but that's alright. Soon I expect I'll be spending three hours a day on such stuff. Brian Wilson told me that just recently Amazon say they're selling more digital books than hardbacks and paperbacks combined. Who would have thought it?
                     

4 comments:

rob said...

If it's the book with all the perversions in it, 86p's cheap. How much is the Sun these days?

Hotboy said...

Albert? There are no perversions in that book! It's perversion free. I don't know what the Sun costs. The Times costs a quid. The Scotsman costs 85p. You should stick a review onto Ancient Futures and I'll put you on a percentage of Brian Wilson's putative percentage! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

The scanner wasn't working...then it was working...then it wasn't. How can this be explained?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Apparently the windows operating system is rubbish and you need to buy and AppleMac. Hotboy