Search This Blog

Saturday 14 May 2011

In the War Against the Machines. Part 2







Saturday 10:00 p.m.
                               Surely been a strange week for moi! This time last week I had no idea I would be retired right now. So I would like to get some things settled  and then I can get down to the Samye Ling and speak to the man and ...
                               I want all my books up on Kindle and I want to be able to get onto that scene and posty and clicky clicky and advertise my wonderful writings. There are three obstacles.
1) To get all the books up on Kindle, I have to have book covers. My wonderful daughter is doing the covers, but this will take her some time. I appreciate that. I hate book covers. Last night, we agreed that she would give me provisional book covers so I could stick the books up on Kindle and then she could perfect the covers over time. This should be straightforward enough.
2) To get all my books up on Kindle, I have to scan one of them. This is actually the book that will bring home the bacon because it is, apparently, quite an amusing book and full of sexual perversions, and I always knew that this kind of thing is what the lowest common denominator would want to buy. But I cannot get the scanner to work. I will get it to work eventually like it did when I scanned the White light book, but that took about five hours out of what precious time I have left, and the thought right now of hassling around all bleeding  day with this problem is ... well, not attractive. I have a resentment somewhere. A resistance.
3) I have to buy a book from kindle books before they will allow me to harass the public into buying my books by commenting, telling folk about them, and whatnot. I tried this once before i.e. downloading books onto the PC kindle reader and failed after the usual frustrating time. Today I was at this for maybe two hours and failed again. This is, of course, what some other poor basturn will have to do out there in the bongo bongo where they have a computer but no kindle device, and God help them!!

              Knowing hardly anyone outside the ranks of the evil bourgeois, the kind of folk who lived in the houses with big walls around them, and no sense of community, but just little intense family psychodramas .. of course, they are so completely useless and will be no use asking for help at all, being all self serving basturns one and all, well, what should I do, Jack?
             Stop building, stop accumulating, stop, Hotboy, just stop. The horrible jobbieness is now behind you. You have little money, but now is the time to refine your addictions and in this realm of desire, at least, desire the better things. So what do you want?
             I want to be happy, and it would be nice if I could make other folk happier as well. It would help some people if I could spend a few hours every day clicky clickying to hustle these books, and make some money, so they didn't cry and cry when I mentioned that I wasn't going to work for the man anymore, and didn't mind sitting in the hut for as long as I could every day. But, if I believed in the guardian angels trying to direct this life towards a better conclusion, which I don't, but if I did, I'd say they're setting gremlins into the machinery, and saying this is all you'll get from this, Hotboy ... grief, sorrow, lamentations .. delusion, disappointment and despair ... suffering in this life!!
             I'll try to wait till some folk who like machines can come and help me with the downloading and the scanning, or I won't even be waiting. I'll just go and sit up the allotment.
             I hadn't been there for a while, until the early evening tonight. The change was amazing. Life is going hell for leather up there right now. It would be better if I slowed down and appreciated the subtleties as they happened. The growing is just so fast right now. You can't keep up. The blossoms have all gone.
       

6 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

Your garden is much further on than mine. But it is a bit colder up here.

If you can't figure out the scanner, post me the book and I'll do it. I've got a portable scanner for my laptop.

Hotboy said...

Isn't this not letting me sign in?

Hotboy said...

Marie! I'll try this again! The comment was lost by blogger. Thanks a million for your kind off about the scanning, but already misplaced the goji seeds and this book isn't one I'd particularly want you to have to look at!! I will get the scanner fixed by the first person who comes in the door and knows about computers! I think folk who like this computery stuff must be the same folk who enjoy doing crosswords with hidden meanings in the clues, which I hate. Thanks a million anyway for your support! Hotboy

NaNoSkye said...

I'm glad to help if I can. I'm sorry you can't find the seeds. I'm going through my seed box later, if I find more I'll post them to you.

I have to go to Edinburgh at some point during the daylight to get some of my US id sorted out. They spelled my name wrong.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Great about the Edinburgh visit. I've got a bus pass so I could meet you anywhere for a cup of coffee!! Hotboy p.s. I will look again for the seeds. My room isn't too tidy!! I'll get back to you on that!

the prof said...

If they have a working scanner at the jobbie school, you could ask for your old job back, just for a few days till you get the scanning done.

As it is, this week sounds a bit like a continuation of jobbie style activities, only unpaid. Surely there's a better way?