Search This Blog

Friday 20 May 2011

Tonight's photies!













Friday 9:00 p.m.
                         I was listening to Lama Yeshe on a CD in Bellshill today. He went through some mantras, one of them being the 100 syllable mantra. Boy, did he rattle through it. He said it was a purification mantra. He said he's seen folk vomiting and spewing blood whilst reciting it. I look forward to that.
                        If I see the lama sometime this summer, Jack, and ask him if can do Dorje Sempa juju lite i.e. without the 100,000 repetitions of the 100 syllable mantra .. what do you think he'll say? He'll say do them, Hotboy. Maybe I just won't ask!!
                        I was really looking forward to not drinking tonight, but when I came home from meditating and cutting the grass at the edge of the allotment, I discovered we had company. They've just come back from buying a Chinese take away. Oh well, once more into the breach, dear friends!

5 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

Great pics.

There are no short cuts, there is good reason for you to do the reps of the mantra.

100,000 isn't so many. I've got a 1,000,000 to finish before I am allowed to take empowerment. I expect it will take me another 10 years.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I just hate learning stuff these days! I must be the old dog syndrome! Nice day here though; sunny and cloudy! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

In the 7th photo, is that the leftovers from someone who's been beamed up due to rapture?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! It's part of the pre-rapture rapture! It's what was left after the raptor got him! Hotboy

rob said...

Would the vomiting and spewing be a new experience?