Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Hippies

Wednesday 10:30 a.m.
                                   I thought it was Saturday when I wakened up today. The second carry-out cost Brian Wilson £45.Once when I was going to a wedding the next day, I spent the night in a caravan parked outside Lauriston Hall, which was a hippy colony at the time. Stumblebumming about in the morning of the wedding, we asked the hippies who were playing football for the time. They did not know the time. I think they knew they weren't hungry yet. I've always admired that. It was probably the same time as it is just now.
                                   "Well, we started out on burgundy, but soon hit the harder stuff ..."
                                   The kiddo showed up and gave me a tankard as a retirement present. How appropriate!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

The tattoos should stop hurting after a day or so.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! At least I kept all my fingers and toes! Hotboy

NaNoSkye said...

Few folks out here wear watches. It can be pretty funny. Being outside time is not a bad thing.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I didn't know the time really until I got a mobile phone. I've had two watches in my life and both suffered calamities. Vowed never again!! Hotboy

rob said...

A tankard is a great thing. Mary Hopkin gave me an inscribed one back in the Buccleuch brewing days. Before moving to Oz, I got rid of it. I couldn't foresee a use for it there.

Hotboy said...

Albert? You don't need a tankard in the downunder because of the wonderful jugs of beer and the cold, cold glasses! Hotboy

rob said...

The cold glasses soon warm up. Everything balances up.