Search This Blog

Monday 23 May 2011

Not the Usual Monday!

Monday 10:20 p.m.
                             My months have been in a pattern recently. I run out of the canny bliss around about ten days after I get paid and then I start drinking. I stop drinking almost every night after a couple of weeks, and then I'm good up until I get paid again. So tonight is my first of, hopefully, a run of being sober and straight.
                             There goes the first human voice of the day. The Domestic Bliss has just come home!
                              So after this morning described earlier, I fell asleep after lunch for two straight hours. There was more meditating later and then I wasted two hours or so failing to get the scanner to work, and just beginning to find out about how to promote Kindle books. What I have to remember about the Kindle books is that I don't need the money. I can live modestly, as I have been living, on what I've got already. I know I have to make some kind of effort with the Kindle stuff or nobody will know they're there, far less buying them. But even if I put in some effort to promote them, they might still not sell. It doesn't really matter as long as they're there! As far as the scanning is concerned, well, there hasn't been any yet!! This happened for a while before I managed to scan  the Whitelight book. I just don't like wasting my time.
                             The Scheme is on the telly tonight. A must watch especially since I was brought in one huge scheme, which is what Lanarkshire of my youth was.

3 comments:

rob said...

I can ask Rab the accountant to cost the time you've put in already on the Kindle project, so you can work out an hourly rate for your tax return.

The Scheme - if that's yon documentary series that they stopped midway for legal reasons, I'm off to youtube now. Last thing I remember, one of the females was a savvy babe who deserved rescuing by a prussian noble. And one of the fathers was a heroically good man. But the rest were a waste space though not of film.

Re Lanarkshire, do you know a garden called Dunsyre I think?

rob said...

Coincidentally, I just _started_ drinking last night. It all balances up.

Hotboy said...

Albert? The episode last night was great! Social reformers take note. People have to have jobbies! Not me though!! Just them! Hotboy p.s. Drinking won't solve your problem, Albert! Send the plane tickets to moi! That's the way to do it!!