Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Tonight's photies













Tuesday 8:45 p.m.
                           The weirdest day! Escalation. Had an idea in the middle of the night and by mid-morning I was looking at only having to go to work for a half day tomorrow ... potentially for the rest of my life. They told me I could retire with a month's notice. I have more than a month's holidays to take. If I use my lump sum   to make up my wages, I'll have the same money as I get just now till I'm sixty five. Then the state pension should kick in.
                           What do you want, Hotboy? I want to write. I want to meditate. I don't expect to be alive in ten years, so I don't want to spend half of that working, or waste any more time going to work when it looks as if I don't have to. I've got so much to do and so little time!!

4 comments:

rob said...

What a shame the tramp's heid spoilt a beautiful shot of the castle.

How come the boss doesn't realize you effectively retired a long time ago?

NaNoSkye said...

Great pics of mixed up sky. Something I see often.

Congratulations on your retirement. May it be the answer you are looking for.

Hotboy said...

Albert? It's Edinburgh's answer to Cousin It!
Marie! I'm now on my last hour of gainful employment. Hurrah! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm surrounded by school teachers. They wouldn't notice since they only sit around all day waiting for their next set of holidays to come round! Hotboy