Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Bot shots!









Wednesday 6:30 p.m.
                                 I've started reading an interesting book Brian Wilson gave me. It's not about the Beach Boys. It's about holy willies in India. Very interesting! The first story is about a Jain nun whose pal starved herself to death. I'd heard of this before. Her pal said it was a good way to go and very peaceful. Take fantastic self control, of course. Tough guys and gals the Jains. Maybe tougher than buddhists. I thought Prahlad Jani was a Jain, but he might have just been a jani.
                                The other story was about a guy who performed as a god for three months of the year. He becomes possessed. His description of how this happened to him (like a lightning flash and then he could remember bugger all until the possession stopped) was very like the way the Nechung Oracle talked about being possessed by any one of six wrathful deities.
                                 Nought as queer as folk, Jack!

6 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

A good book is a powerful thing.

If only I could learn to write one.

I need an editor.

Beautiful flowers.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Now I'm retired I'll get round to reading your book sometime!! Hotboy

rob said...

I believe the Janis are related to the Librarians.

Hotboy said...

Albert? All the best jannies were ex-SAS. I met two of them. One of them was actually ex-SAS. He died two years after he retired in horrible agony with cancer of the under the belly button. A good stimulus to go now!! Go now! Why have you still got a jobbie? You must be dripping in nazi gold inheritances by this time. Sorry, of course, you don't meditate, so you'd have nothing to do except that thing at the docks. Hope this helps. Hotboy

rob said...

If I was retired I wouldn't waste my time on sitting around doing nothing.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Why aren't you retired anyway? How much nazi gold do you need? Dearie me!! Hotboy