Search This Blog

Sunday 22 May 2011

In the War Against the Machines Part 4

Sunday 6:40 p.m.
                          Well, the consigliere came round to help in the war against the machines yesterday and the scanner appears sorted!! Great! So I came to the machine a wee while ago and was going to uplift some photies for the bloggy and ... yes, whatever his disabled to make the scanner work has knackered the copying, imaging thing for the photies!!
                            He did show me how to get to the place where he did this, but I wasn't paying much attention and I'm not going to enable anything that stops this scanner working before I've scanned Cyclists.
                            What if you try to work the scanner now and it doesn't work either, Hotboy? Well, Jack, I'm meditated for about four or five hours today so far and so I'll just cry and cry, and not smash the machine to smithereens!!
                         We've got five books up on the Kindle thing now. Hurrah! Five to go, I think.
7:25 p.m.
                          Well, the scanner seems to be working, but it's not scanning the text for Cyclists. It says it's too difficult. I won't scan the text for City Whitelight, which it says is too difficult as well although it scanned the whole bloody book before. Anyway, c'est la vie. I'll leave it and return to this problem tomorrow.
                           How many hours do you think it will take, Hotboy, before you get it to work? I've got all the time in the world, Jack. All the time in the world.

8 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

I feel like I need to come out there for a weekend and help with the machines.

The weather today is ghastly. The seagulls are walking and the ferry turned back.

John McKenzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hotboy said...

Marie! I'm afraid the intelligent scanning software is far smarter than me. But I will get it to work somehow today. I will, I will! Hotboy Awful weather here as well!!

rob said...

5 books uploaded is good going actually. You could go under a bus tomorrow and there's be something left (in addition to the kiddo and the tatties).

I might have a look and see if there's any I haven't already got in my library.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Stick in a review even if you have!! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? But not a stupid one about rogering your dog! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters, if you don't want stupidity, well need I say more? Better send me the review you want me to post.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book to my dog. But it wouldn't come back even then due to all the rogering beforehand! Hotboy