Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Anniversary of Retirement!

Tuesday 8.33 a.m.
                            It is a year ago today that I gave up gainful employment. This is just about the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm delighted not to have to go to that jobbie!!
                            But I worked out this morning that I've only ever worked for about twenty five years in total, and thirteen of them were part time.
                            How did you ever manage to get a pension out of that, Hotboy? Well, Jack, I don't know really. I didn't realise I'd get one so soon until the day before I walked off the jobbie. But I've always been a fortunate creature.
                             Of course, I wrote about twelve books and ten plays, and I might write some more!

2 comments:

rob said...

I say! That's even slacker than Albert! Well done.

But I think Albert is ahead on student grant parasitism - 10 and a half years!

Hotboy said...

Albert? Ten and a half years! Wonderful! You were cheap at the price! Hotboy