Search This Blog

Monday 7 May 2012

Shortening the path!

Monday 9.40 a.m.
                            Just one time, for a few minutes in the temple, I think I felt the way you are supposed to feel when you are trying to meditate for longer periods. An hour is okay and an hour and a quarter is sometimes okay, but if you are going to sit for three hours, then sometimes you may be restive. Sometimes, it seems, you are bound to be restive, but just once over the couple of days I was there, I felt that I was just happy to be there. Engendering that feeling is what is going to make everything work. Even if you are sometimes restive, when you get back into the meditations, you will stop being restive. Whatever you are feeling isn't going to last for very long, whatever it is.
                            It's been cold recently and it's starting not to be so cold now. It's time to go and sit in the hut and try to sit there all day, more or less. In the evening maybe go back to hut and then go for a run later on, and then lie in the bath for a while.
                            This will be a very hard thing to do, but it is what has to be done. I'm only going to see the people I have to see.
                             The recent fiasco over the book that is about the future being ancient has scunnered me completely with this kindle thing, all the intermittent re-enforcement, all the clicky clicky stupidity. It looks as if my books will sell at rock bottom prices about sixteen copies a month, which gives you about £2 in royalties. The time it would take to boost that isn't worth the time. Basically, you're working at less than third world rates for Amazon.
                              I'm not saying the kindle thing hasn't been interesting. But if I'm going to shorten the path, I haven't got the time. When I can get the issues around the fiasco with the book resolved, that's it.
                               I'd actually like to keep away from this computer. I'd like to keep away from this flat because the phone rings three times a day and asks you to press button one if you need a rebate, button two if .... and although I never get up and answer it, it's a disturbance I don't find helpful.
                                I've got to try harder from now on and make a real effort. In a week's time it'll be a year since I gave up the jobbie and I hope things are clearer by then.
6.45p.m.
                                 I managed to sit for two and a half hours straight this morning and in the hut this afternoon. This is because I was doing that at the Samye. Couldn't have done that last week!!
                         

1 comment:

rob said...

I'm amazed the Amazon site ever sells anything.