Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 May 2012




Wednesday 9.40 p.m.
                                  I still can't get the bluetooth thing to work on the mobile phone, so these are some old photies.
                                  The top photie is of the path going down the middle of the allotment. It's had an old carpet covering most of it for a couple of months to kill the grass, but the carpet didn't cover it all. Bits stuck out the sides and great clumps of grass were growing there until today. I dug most of them out and soon I'll take up the carpet and dig whatever is under it. The problem is that the allotment is no longer even since old people have been stealing the soil, or it has been eroded, or it has left on the tatties and such, or on my shoes, or whatever. Anyway, I'm trying to even it out, but digging down the middle might not do that. But one is making an effort.
                                  I was awake at four in the morning again today, and had some wonderful meditations throughout the day. The one I had up the allotment after the digging was phenomenal. The only fly in the ointment is that I'm putting on weight again due to sitting immobile for hours at a time and then downing a bottle of  collapso with lots of eat in the late evening. However, I'm changing addictions at the weekend, so we'll see what happens then. I've hardly smoked anything since last October and my lungs are better than they've been for years.
                                   Today, I did a backbend, stood on my head, did a tai chi set, some diggings and a hundred prostrations, but most of the rest of the time I was sitting immobile. And it is a wonderful world, so it is! What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!!
                                   I won't be going to Newmains tomorrow since the Domestic Bliss's sister is up from London. Hurrah!

5 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

There is a reason most statues of the Buddha have a belly.

I would recommend you balance your life. But since you only seem to want to be in a permanent bliss state, that won't be easy.

More motion, less alcohol. It has more empty calories than soda pop.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Just lost a lengthy comment there due to the computer disconnecting. Dearie me! Anyway, it looks like being a rainy, rainy day here! Hotboy

rob said...

Nanners, I've given up trying to explain the balance thing here.

Hotters. It's understandable you can't sleep for thinking about the DB sister coming to stay.

Hotboy said...

Albert? You're thinking of 30 years ago. They all look a bit like you now! Dearie me! Hotboy

rob said...

If only they did.