Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 May 2012


Tuesday 10.25 a.m.
                              My morning of wonderful meditations has been ruined by a visit to the doctor, which was organised by the Domestic Bliss, to see about my leprosy. He prescribed some shampoo and some cream to stop my nose falling off. I wondered aloud in the chemist about how much this would cost.
                               Prescriptions are free in Scotland, she said. Hurrah! The buses are free already. Soon the electricity will be free and the beer will be free, and the creekit will be banned from the telly and all will be well in this wonderful country.
                                I bought batteries for the camera. £4.29 for eight wee batteries. I'm counting the photies. That's the first two. Down the right hand side of the top one you can see where I've put down the carpet to kill the grass. This summer I will dug under that though I am not too sure why. The little hillock I've made will be covered in carpet then and all the grass in there will be killed. And then ... it's earth sculpture, Jack. That's what it is.
                                I knew there was no point in talking to flatheids about meditation and that's why I started blogging. Or one of the reasons. Now it is obvious that there is no point in talking to the too dumb to meditate about non-self and emptiness. Though this is rational and can be understood by anyone, it is pointless to hear about this stuff and not meditate. Knowing that it's true won't be any use to you when the chips are down. You have to have realised it, or gone some way towards this. Then the notion has infected your mind and will alter the way you think. Until then, it's just a lot of words.
                                So good luck with that flatheided stuff! What a great day I'm going to have! First of all, I'm going to meditate till half twelve. That is going to be wonderful!!

2 comments:

rob said...

Your para re non-self and emptiness actually makes sense.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Don't meditate and you are funged! Hope this helps. Hotboy p.s. Start meditating and you're still funged!