Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Old photies, newer meditations!


Tuesday 11:30 p.m.
                              I wakened up about half past three and this is not as bad as you might expect because I didn't have to go to work later on. But it wasn't great. Possibly drink related. I got up around five and sat and meditated till seven when I could go for a paper and have breakfast. So you are always going to be a little tired during the day, but that's not the problem it would be if you had to see folk.
                               So I meditated for a couple of hours and then had breakfast, saw the Domestic Bliss as she went out to her work, and then lay on the bed and did the yoga nidra to fall asleep.
                                I cannot explain to flatheids how good this feels. I waken totally relaxed and in the bliss, and hang on in there for a bit. Then I get up and sit beside the bed and meditate for two hours, until lunchtime. After that, I lie down again, and then get up and go up to the allotment. More meditating, and then some gardening.
                                  I leave that and go to Costa's for a cup of coffee and to read the Times. Then I do some book promoting, and have a wee sleep again. Then I start to meditate again and everything is fine until the Domestic Bliss comes in around nine in the evening. She's tired and fractious, and this makes me realise how tired I am, so I dash out to the off license when I would have done the hundred prostrations and lain in the bath otherwise. You have to accommodate people.
                                   I wish I had some dharma chummies so I could try at least to explain and describe what the meditations were like. But it was a different kind of thing today. I'm trying not to be scared of the heat, and march on regardless, and remember what I can remember of what Tsongkhapa said about the different kinds of heat, and which kinds are the better kinds.
                                    But I was tired and it was kind of wonderful today to be alone and just not bother about all the crap folk bother about, and just observe the varieties of bliss, and sometimes just sitting there without the bliss, and sometimes wondering where all this was going. It doesn't really matter when you are  as old as I am. I've got nothing to lose. I've got everything to gain. Thank god I learned to meditate!!

2 comments:

rob said...

Sounds like an okay life.

PS could the daytime napping be affecting the night time sleep? It all balances up.

Hotboy said...

Albert? it's the plonko collapso that's affecting the night time sleep! Thus napping to catch up! Hotboy