Search This Blog

Thursday 17 May 2012


Thursday 12.24 p.m.
                                I can't put titles on these posts now because I tried to download something for the bluetooth thing and ended up with a toolbar across where you used to be able to type the title. Anyone know how to remove a toolbar? Oh, well!
                                 The auld maw sometimes says to me that I cannot meditate all the time. This is very true. The reason why I cannot meditate all the time is because I am not good enough at it. The Buddha Boy ... well, if you were interested in meditation you would have looked at the youtube film by the Discovery Channel a long time ago. Anyway, he can sit in the one position for months.
                                  To do this juju you really need solitude. I was very taken by a wonderful story in the Alexandra David-Neel book, Initiates and Initiations. This boy stays in a hermitage without seeing anyone for twenty years. That's the kind of thing I admire.
                                   Once, when I still had a jobbie, this guy who retired but came back to do supply teaching said that it was a terrible thing to waken up and not knowing what you were going to be doing all day. It's a shame about flatheids, but they deserve all they get really. Prehensile tails.
                                    Anyway, some folk who are even older than me go days and days without speaking to anyone. That's the kind of thing I'm preparing myself for these days. Being a hermit and being happy that way would be wonderful!! Of course, Jack, we are not guaranteed the time!
                                     Did a straight two hour meditation this morning. If the rain goes off, I'll get up to the allotment this afternoon.

4 comments:

rob said...

I can confirm that it's a wonderful thing to waken up and not know what you're going to be doing all day. I used to have days like that, before the incoming requirements took over. Also, before the global financial thing spooked me to return to full time work. Roll on semi-retirement.

BTW You blissies don't realise how lucky you are, if your only complaints are the price of plonko and deciding whether to sit around for umpteen hours or umnpteen plus one. Dearie me!

rob said...

PS great castle shot

Hotboy said...

Albert? How can they let folk who look as old as you work in yon desert? What kind of people are they? Hotboy

rob said...

Yes, they're not the kind of people who let wasters sit around all day and get wasted at night, despite the effect on the waistline.