Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 May 2012


Wednesday 5.57 p.m.
                                 Yesterday I peeled back the carpet which was laid down along the central path in the allotment to kill all the grass a couple of months ago, and dug up the wee bit that you can see in the photies. I felt fine walking home and told myself that I would be able to go for a run later on. Later on, I was dead crabbit and completely knackered. Couldn't believe it.
                                  The sweat was running down over the front of my glasses and my tee shirt was so wet with sweat that I had to take if off before going home. Dearie me. Still, it's not even an hour's steady work. Thank God I never had to do a proper day's work in my life. You'd really be exhausted at night, so you would.
                                 

4 comments:

rob said...

I say! Even Albert, who's only just got his bus pass and so is much younger than you, has noticed his engine running down a bit, but the remedy for most things is to walk a lot. Shame you can't walk and meditate at the same time. Even Gerald Ford would probably have managed that.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Yon Albert never did a hard day's work in his life. Unfit for manual labour. Some guys have all the luck. Hope this helps. Hotboy

NaNoSkye said...

I do walking meditation a lot more now that I've gotten moved.

Finally a good use for carpet. It should never be used indoors. Gross stuff.

Anonymous said...

I say!

S'cuse boots, eh?

MM III