Search This Blog

Thursday 21 October 2010

Cramond

Thursday 11:20 p.m.
                              It was cold and clear, but cycling into a wind on the way along the promenade at Cramond yesterday. Beautiful really. It took me and Brian Wilson just under an hour to get there using the North Edinburgh cycle path network. I do not know how long it took to get back. I lost Brian Wilson along the way. He could still be cycling yet for all I know.
                              You can buy a pint of Samuel Smith's Bitter in the Cramond Inn for £1:80! You can't get a beer in Stockbridge for under three quid. But we stuck to the Alpine Lager which was reduced from £2:08 last week to £2:02 this week. It's almost a pleasure to hand over the money!
                              To ensure that everything was kept under control, I only took enough money with me for only four pints, but .... I knew we were on a sticky wicket when it took so long to get on the bikes. We kept falling off. Every time I stopped, I fell over. I fell over when I was trying to get off the bike back in Stockbridge. Where are the polis when you really need them?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

That Alpine Lager looks dreadful. No wonder it was so cheap. You'd never catch me drinking that.

MM III

rob said...

New thinking on bike helmets is that they cause more brain damage than they prevent. It all balances up. Of course in your case it's academic.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I know. I poured most of mine into a flower pot when Brian Wilson wasn't looking! Hotboy
Albert? I didn't fall on my head! Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

Don't think cycling and beer is a good combination.

Cycle helmets are designed to protect you from falling off to the ground. But not at high speed or impact with a car.

I'm for helmets because I was in a bike accident where it saved my head. Though my broken cheek bone took most of the force of the crash.

I hope Brian Wilson isn't lost.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Brian Wilson survived to cycle another day! I wasn't falling on my head, just falling over. The trouble with boozing is that the person who starts isn't the same as the one who continues. And such is life! Hotboy p.s. I was cycling to keep fit for the Lanarkshire run, but it's pouring outside just now.

Bowel Syndrome said...

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy."

Hotboy said...

Bowely! I have given up the demon drink ... at least, until the bruises go away! Hotboy