Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Cycling to the Cramond Inn!








Wednesday 9:15 p.m.
                                 The tree photies were taken yesteday when it was nice out, and sunny on the way home from the jobbie. The others were taken on the way to and from Cramond.
                                  I thought I'd better get on my bike to obviate any anxieties about doing the granny run through Lanarkshire on Friday, what with not being on the bike since a week past last Friday. Anxieties, anxieties ... you've got to watch out for anxieties. They're just anxieties.
                                  Before that we had a meeting at the jobbie because I'm bone lazy and don't do anything there if I can help it. Well, they probably think I must be doing something, but would never suspect that I'm sitting there for ages and ages sometimes with my eyeballs rolled up to the top of me head doing the bliss, as you do. But the meeting was very good and I might try to do something now, but it's difficult to get into that when one of the things you believe in, apart from not believing in things, is that doing things is pretty futile, given that you don't really know what the things are that you are doing.
                                   My game is concentrated inactivity, Jack. You should get the sack, Hotboy. If only ...
                                   The northern Edinburgh cycle paths are a strange oasis of silence and peace in the middle of the beautiful, wonderful city. Eerie and a bit weird with strange folk drifting along them. They must have been railway lines at some time.
                                    Being on my own, I got lost several times, but managed to get down to Cramond. I really like being in Cramond because the Romans were there once. Odd to think of guys from Africa and Germany being there so long ago; drinking wine, eating grapes, lounging about in the public baths.
                                     I stopped off at the Cramond Inn. It has been there since the beginning of the 17th century. I had a pint of Alpine Lager, weighing in at 4.5% and costing £2:08 a pint. What?!!! A beer down the road costs well over £3. So I had another one and £2:08 is all the charge for a beer!!
                                     Although I swore off all alcoholic beveridges many years ago now, I think I'd like to organise a visit there with Brian Wilson now that his new liver has settled down.
                                      I'm going to start having a wonderful time again!! My usual wonderful time!! I really am! I really am, Jack! I really am!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am happy for you. I'm sure I've walked through that tunnel, but can't remember where it is.

Marie Rex said...

Brilliant pics. Your weather looks much like mine. Gray and overcast.

Not sure I'd recommend beer and bicycling as a combination. But if you are on a bike path away from traffic that might be better.

Hotboy said...

Jeannie? I can't remember where the tunnel is either. I must have been after the beer because I stopped the bike and gave it a few ooooommmmms. Very nice sound too!
Marie! Fortunately, on a bike the only person you will kill is yourself! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Have you not got Sat Nav on your bike? No wonder you got lost.

How much is an MGT in that establishment?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I think it might be the kind of place where if you ask for a gin and tonic, they all just fall about the place. Hotboy