Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Ra Night Before Liberation!

u

Tuesday 10:50 p.m.
                             There was this one time when we were extremely cool. Tony came to see me unexpectedly. You could do that in the days when hardly anyone had a telephone, and you just showed up. So Tony came to see me when I lived in Grant House, maybe the first term I was at uni and living in Pollock Halls. I think I was down in the common room. Anyway, he didn't find me. I was in the bog when I heard him outside approaching the mirror to wash his hands and comb his hair. He was singing a wee song to himself and I recognised the voice. I comes out of the stall and he's looking in he mirror combing his hair, as was his wont, and I sidled up from behind him, and said: How's it going, Tony. He says, It's fine, Hotboy, and manages hardly to miss a beat. I loved that. 
                           A lot of my uncles went to Australia during the 30s, and two of them unexpectedly saw another two of them coming along this outback main street. So they pretended they hadn't seen them and walked on  by. This is super sophisticated taking the piss!
                            The photies were taken over the last couple of days. Edinburgh fans will know where they are from.
                             Tomorrow I get paid. Will we walk out of the lonely financial zone, Jack? No, Hotboy. But you can pretend you have choices for a couple of days. I should embrace poverty. It didn't do St Francis any harm. Embrace poverty and ignorance. That's the way to do it!!

10 comments:

Marie Rex said...

Perhaps if you embrace poverty it will be easier to avoid temptations.

Beautiful pics.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Thank goodness there's one person (above) who posts sensible commmentts to your blog.

I too stayed in Pollock Halls for a while, but as you're much older than me it must have been a different year.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Marie! At least there would be different temptations. Hotboy
Mingin'! You might have been kept back in primary school due to not managing to pile the blocks on top of each other! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. Great pic in the middle. Can't place it though.

Mingers. Don't you mean TWO people who post sensible commments? Otherwise you're saying your own comment isn't sensible, in which case how can we believe you that even one person is sensible? I hope that helps. PS - three people if you count this comment. Or four if you count Hotters' comments.

rob said...

PS I spent many a happy night in Grant House, and the days in my room in Ewing, catching up on sleep or drinking tea with Joyce the cleaner. Student grants were a great thing if you were a waster.

rob said...

PPS the pic might be Marchmont.

Hotboy said...

Albert? The good photie is from bus stop and Marchmont Crescent is down to the right. I bet they don't have buildings like that in yon desert with the giant lizards where you live now! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Room 182, Fraser House. You may have been disturbed occasionally by the noise people made banging on the walls and my door to complain about the noise from within 182.

The noise inside was just, well, the usual sort of thing. The interminable banging, however, was completely unacceptable, as I pointed out to the warden before I was expelled.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say, Rob.

Far too teleological for me.

MM III

rob said...

Mingers. Que?