Search This Blog

Thursday 21 October 2010

A Fortunate Creature!

Thursday 11:14 p.m.
                               I don't like hypocrisy. Although I write this bloggy mainly about meditation and whatnot, I've never claimed to be good, or virtuous, or even very nice. I am not holy or saintly. I just enjoy meditating a lot. If I could think of something better to do, I'd do that instead.
                               And sometimes it seems that things just aren't fair. I enjoy good health. A friend of mine's daughter who isn't five yet has probably by this time undergone a serious operation for something that will probably not get better. What did she ever do to deserve that?
                                Karma and the rationale for suffering and such like are way above my head. I don't think I'm going to be reborn. If something occurs after I'm dead which has some connection with what I'm doing with my life, well, sure as hell it's not going to be me.
                                So I was sitting in the hut this afternoon and getting an awful lot of bliss. An awful lot. And I was thinking why was I getting such shedloads of bliss when none of my close friends around here get any.
                                 They don't meditate, Hotboy. I know they don't meditate, Jack, but I've got a sneaky feeling that some people might meditate more than I do and still not get the bliss. Are you sure of that, Hotboy? No, Jack, I am not sure of that. I certainly hope it's not true.
                                  But I am a fortunate creature. I really am. And I didn't even have a hangover today!!
                                

5 comments:

Marie Rex said...

Life isn't about fair. I know a child who is 7 dying of a brain tumor.

I expect rebirth is about learning something every time. Which is why it needs to happen over and over.

I'm just glad I don't have to remember every life. Hard enough to keep track of this one some days.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I think theories about karma and rebirth are attempts to make it seem fairer. The one lifetime christian stuff is totally unfair unless you factor in God's mercy. I prefer the Islamic one which seems to be about surrendering to God's will. It would be better just to know. Still, I'm not complaining, except about the weather. I phoned my good mother this morning to tell her the torrential rain means I'm not cycling today. That's no help at all!! Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

Weather is a British preoccupation. Because it is always changing. I am with you on not biking in the rain for sure.

Tim Matters said...

We're all going to die anyway. Blissage is probably better use of time than what a lot of people do, but it's the Blessed Mary MacKillops of the world that are admired long after they're deidheids. She stood up to the vatican over priestly sexual abuse, was excommunicated for her sins, and last week she became Australia's first saint.

Hotboy said...

Albert? A lot of saints had bother with their superiors, who being climbers were almost all flatheids!
Marie! The weather wasn't as bad in Lanarkshire, but here it was appalling! Hotboy