Search This Blog

Sunday 24 October 2010

SUNDAY!

Sunday 8:35 p.m.
                           Since I stopped working on Tuesday .... I went cycling on Wednesday and I did a fair bit of digging before the prostrations on Thursday, and I did thirty minutes of shadow boxing on Friday, and I did no physical jerks on Saturday. Don't know why. Tonight I did the five hills run.
                           I thought I'd just mention this since folk landing on the bloggy might think I do nothing but blog and drink home brew. I do tend to drink a lot of home brew when I'm in the lonely financial zone towards the end of the month, but I've finished it now and should get paid sometime near the middle of next week. Hurrah!
                           I've really started to write the Traffic Wardens book now, I think, and will try to find time for that. At the moment, I'm reading Shutter Island by Denis Lehane, so this is me trying to be more normal now.
                           Despite that, the meditations continue to progress in the usual wonderful fashion. It's been a crap month one way or another, but you can always rely on the juju. All you have to do is sit and keep sitting and wonders will unfold.
          

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

It certainly gets me thinking as to how some people manage to fit a job into theiir lives. Wherre on earth do they find the time?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Some of us unfortunately still have to earn a living due to being part of the exploited masses and not being sufficiently humble to toady up to the evil bourgeois! You'd think with all the rich basturns I know they'd just pay me to meditate for them and write books, but they won't. Jesus Christ said they're all going to hell of course, which is why I'm a Christian! Hotboy

rob said...

Nothing to object to in this post, so here's someting helpful. There is nothing in myself that can be relied on. St Teresa of Avila. From a book I'm reading by a jock guy.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm a big fan of St Teresa! What jock guy? Hotboy p.s. Is it a computer manual?

rob said...

A novel by Alan Warner.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Morvern Caller (?) was very good. Never got round to any others. Would you recommend it to someone who doesn't read computer manuals? Hotboy

rob said...

It's bleak, with an aloof and nihilistic main character that I can't really identify with. A bad basturn reader might fare better with it.

I lost the book today. It's from the library - I'll have to pay for it, so it's an even worse book than I thought.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Morven Caller was good. Hotboy