Search This Blog

Sunday 17 April 2011

Almost the end of the diggings!!










Sunday 6:10 p.m.
                          We had our summer today in Chilly Jockoland, and I spent most of the afternoon up the allotment. I now only have a wee bit to dig and plant with onions down by the hut. I did an enormous dig for the Domestic Bliss so she could plant the cabbages and broccoli, and I'm now going to lie down in the bath and probably doze off!
                          But that's it just about over for another year. All I'll have to do now is weed and cut the grass along the edges. Hurrah!! For some reason the whole process has been much easier this year. I don't know why. But that's me finished before Easter and I can go back to the running, shadowboxing and whatnot. I've already organised to go for a run with the old, toothless one on Wednesday.
                           I love fire, Jack! I don't know what it is, but I just love it. Earth, air, water and fire, and the best of these is fire. Beautiful and dangerous and transforming. Where there was a dead bush .... there's just a grey mark on the ground. Now, for the bath time bliss!!

11 comments:

MM III said...

I say!

Finished in time for the royal wedding!

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! There's a facebook instigated republican demonstration starting on the Royal Mile at 11:30 a.m. Hope to see you there! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the Zoroastrians where on the right track?

rob said...

Impressed you can make a success of broccoli. The brother outlaw picked and cooked kale last night here, a vegetable that's easy to grow and hard to enjoy. The flower looks good.

Marie Rex said...

I like fire too. Wonderful transforming stuff.

Your digging looks fantastic. Would you like to come up and dig for me?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I can only really grow tatties (my onions are wee!). It's the Domestic Bliss who grows the cabbage and broccoli.
Marie! The diggings this year were the least hassle ever. I don't know why. At my age I'm glad just to be able to dig that wee bit. I'm sure you'd need a mechanical shovel for your rocks! Hotboy
Anony! I read once that them Zoro folk are dying out! Maybe that's the way to go! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Hotboy, if the zaros are indeed dying out that is perhaps partly due to the few and far between firey magical pits in anywhere else expect in apparently Iran (Iceland might be a good place to go and proselytize them). Also to note, Kale soup is a superior use for it. It actually tastes delicious in this form.

Hotboy said...

Anony! All I've ever known about the zaros I've forgotten. But they did have fire temples. I think they had problems recruiting new priests or something like that due to the conditions you have to meet. Hotboy

MM III said...

I say!

A grey mark on the ground - that's in store for all of us.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Some of us are getting our ashes chucked in the river! I suppose yours will go straight down the bog since you're so unsentimental! Hotboy p.s. If you want set fire to in the allotment, just make me an offer!

rob said...

Anonymous. Thanks for the tip.