Search This Blog

Monday 11 April 2011

The Hard Man





Monday 8:55 p.m.
                            We went to see The Hard Man at the Kings on Friday. Brilliant production! Fab acting! It was better than when I saw it in 1976, but there was an almost empty theatre, which was a shame. I hate going out on Fridays. I don't like going out, but I still go out quite a bit. So at least in the theatre there is a straight back, and I'm sometimes closing my eyes and falling into the bliss, and sometimes attending to the play.
                             Very evocative, it was. I visited Jimmy Boyle in the Special Unit in Barlinnie twice. The second time was for a meal. The first time I was there with my big brother. As I'm leaving his house in Riddrie, I stash the dope behind one of his pictures since I knew I'd be searched going into the jail. My brother asked me to carry a bottle of coke. When we got to the jail, I was searched, but my brother was not. In the cell he asked Jimmy if he wanted a drink, and Jimmy said no. So my brother and the Domestic Bliss tanned a half bottle of rum, of course with the coke. The second time we went there, the Domestic Bliss and I, I stashed the dope and smoked lots of it in the cell. Jimmy didn't smoke it.
                           Tom McGrath was standing at the end of a tunnel in the Little Lyceum. I was at the other end. I'm looking along at him and I think I should say hullo and thanks for getting me the three grand from the Scottish Arts Council, but I couldn't. All I had to do was walk up to him and say something. but I looked at him looking at the performance and I was stalled, and didn't. After his stroke, I sent him a letter saying thanks very much, but I don't know why I find it so difficult sometimes. Maybe it's because famous people could all be currants. But the famousy folk I've ever met have all been really nice.
                           One of the photies is of the new way to grow onions. Normally, you stick in the onion sets (wee onions) and they hardly grow at all. Last year I put some Growmore on top of them and that helped, but not much. The PHd botany wummin grew giant ones last year. She said fluffy compost base... blah, blah. Anyway, I've put every onion in a wee mound of compost and poured Growmore over them. This might not work, but the greater attention is because I work half time and have more money now; money to buy compost.

13 comments:

MM III said...

I say!

One word...Manure! Best if it's human.

BTW, your deleted drunken posts remain in situ via RSS.

MM III

rob said...

Not sure why you're feeding you bliss pills to the mushroom but I'm sure you know best.

rob said...

What was special about the special unit? Not the security obviously. Would they let just anyone in for a free feed if they bring their own?

Jimmy turning down the drink and drugs made quite an impression on you.

rob said...

I find that being shy results from stopping to think about it. On the few occasions when I talk to a stranger, it's when I don't deliberate at all. Also you have to be feeling relatively happy at the time.

I believe it's the same thing being shy with girls. Obviously at this age it's essential NEVER to say what you're thinking to a young woman. Always censor.

rob said...

Who was the actor in the early productions of the hard man? When I saw it, it was Peter someone I think.

Marie Rex said...

I've put onions in this year. Don't know how they'll do. I do well with garlics. Don't forget the goji seeds.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I put the seeds away in a special place so I could use them this spring! But where? I'll look again tonight! Hotboy
Mingin'! Only geeks know what RSS is!
Albert? I can't remember any of their names from the original production. Hotboy

rob said...

I've remembered now, it was Peter Kelly. I went with Wonder Woman, who worked in the wardrobe.

http://www.fctt.org.uk/site/educationpack/THE%20HARD%20MAN%20Education%20Resource%20Pack.pdf

Hotboy said...

Albert? Thanks for the link. Most interesting! Hotboy

MM III said...

I say!

Albert hasn't commented! You're not only losing your seeds, you're losing your marbles as well.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! A fine example of projection. Albert has commented many times. I may have misplaced the goji seeds, but I know where my marbles are! Hotboy

MM III said...

I say!

Those are not your marbles, they're your gonads.

MM III

rob said...

Hotters. I'm pleased you could find someone to copy and paste the link for you.